Soldier Changes opinions

It is a step in the right direction, they should probably polish it more, right now the screen is really shakey and it is also effecting his ultimate.

Unnecessary (the recoil change at least) and with negative effects for balance down the line.

1 Like

yeah anyone know if that is that a bug or a feature?

Is more a change to make it at least based on player skill.

This is a needed change for make overwatch competitive.

Maybe is a bit too much, but consider need to work to console too, is tricky to balance it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a bug since his ultimate is supposed to be an aimbot, I’ve already posted about in the bug report section just to be sure.

I had to leave a junkenstein game trying to play him for practice there ad in comp lasted about 60 seconds before i said nope. I get physically ill playing him and i have 109 hours on him

I had the same problem for the first 5-6 games with him but after that I just got used to it

Other than the constant fan the hammer-esque recoil animation, the powercreep :heart_eyes:, and his effective DPS being boosted like a mug.

It’s a meh change.

Console is gonna hate it. PC is gonna sht on everyone with it cause why not, the recoil is barely noticeable unless you’re doing really quick side to side aiming.

His long range effectiveness went down but his medium range is now ridiculous.

Basically made his weakness stronger, but at the same time made his strength a helluva lot stronger too.

I give it a:

Pointless / 10 rating…

Could’ve just ya know… nerfed widow and ashe :smile:

There was player skill before, just a different kind, and depends on how you look at it. Before the random spread essentially acted as a range limiter at full auto, so the skill was simply burst management as opposed to recoil management like it is now. I never really saw spread and the need to use bursts as the thing that was holding him back.

That said I’m pretty indifferent to the change so far.

1 Like

I mean what could you nerf about her? You cant take away the headshot 1 shot cuz good aim should be rewarded and that seems to be the most annoying part about her

Grapple is the most annoying part.

Diving her and oh look she’s now 30 meters away from me right back into her effective range.

It’s what makes her uncounterable outside of running a full coordinated dive comp or just mirroring widow.

Nerf her grapple range. That is all.

Just a reminder to everyone… 317 / 500 people in the top 500 leaderboard have widowmaker in their top 3 DPS played.

1 Like

Uhm no.

Random spread tied to weapon not involve any skill of the player.

The player simple wait the game to reduce the spread.

In this case is hard to classify waiting like a skill.

Bursting is a skill when you control something of the weapon(when there is recoil or controllable spread).

The “bursting” in overwatch was only waiting the game to do the player work.

maybe it is a console thing, tvs arnt supposed to violently shake and flash colors for such a long period of time my tv is like 70 inches and that much eye strain and cordination trying to use a controller. Its alot to process at once

yeah I guess you are right

Yea. And also recoil in general is just harder to control on console because you don’t really have the flexibility on a mouse and it’s just playing with your thumb instead of your entire arm / hand / wrist however it is that you aim.

2 Likes

No he is not.

I mean… the update came out yesterday.

We don’t exactly know yet.

1 Like

Not yet but I think that after people will get used to his recoil players with good aim will just dominate everything in gm and above

It does, you’re just choosing to look at it as only about mechanical skill and aim. As I stated the random spread behaves as a limitation of the weapon. The player skill invovled is not about mechanical skill of compensating for that, it’s about time and resource management of the weapon. Knowing how many shots you can burst at a time, the time between those bursts, etc.

1 Like

You don’t manage time or resource and the time is fixed, you can’t alter it.

The player is simple waiting game to do his work.

Waiting can’t be considered a skill, the only thing player doing in control random spread is doing nothing.