Soldier 76 is gay?

It wasnt a retcon. He had the pictore of vincent in the Christmas comic too. I like it cause it makes sense as a soldier. To have someone you love at home that motivates you to fight and want to protect your country and to keep there picture with you while your fighting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soldier+christmas+comic&client=ms-android-att-aio-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwin9JuLy9zfAhWKnOAKHbdDA14Q_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=360&bih=517#imgrc=ClAzUWn6X9AOKM

1 Like

I think you mustn’t be looking very hard because there are a lot of gay villains.

He is not gay, it is just a brotherly army bond

1 Like

Villains are almost always gay-coded, yes. Ursula was even based off a drag queen!

2 Likes

And they will looking for me by ip? 8)

My only issue with this is, as others have said, we STILL don’t have forward progression in the story. Overwatch will be three years old this May, and what do we have to show from that? Lore wise, virtually nothing. Many characters still don’t even have their own backstories up, yet Ana now has two comics and a short story. We’ve been seeing backstories for Jack and Gabe in the two PvE events they’ve done as well. But that’s all in the past.

The MOST we’ve gotten for forward progression has been the Mei short where she watches Winston’s call to action, and McCree rescuing Echo from the Deadlock gang. And neither of these events have mattered because there is no overarching story or lore. The world is beautiful and vibrant, but the writers don’t do a thing to foster it.

And it’d be fine if we got constant updates to the game or balance patches, but not even those come out regularly. Overwatch in general is just a slow slog right now, and I wish we could get more story and updates in all parts of the world and not just radio silence for months on end.

On topic, cool, Soldier’s gay. Not the end of the world or character. Just wish it wasn’t three years after release that we’re learning more about a character that’s been there since the start.

1 Like

They had their LGBT characters planned since launch, the problem is lore is so sparse they had no where to place hints

2 Likes

No? …Not sure what this means. I’m saying it’s very common in media for villains to be gay. In fact gay heroes were very rare until recently.

Well I feel dumb, always thought it’d be McCree or Hanzo in regards to who the other LGBT character was. Soldier seemed too much like a workaholic to be interested in a relationship.

Freddy Mercury was actually bisexual.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t get you fist time, sorry, I am not native speaker.

Yep. Kinda doubt it’s even 10 % like the prior author implied. Majority is straight, should be represented that way in games as well imho.

1 Like

why though.

i swear lore breaks games lol

all this time i was a straight male going to the beach with a rainbow towel without realizing it :thinking:

i got told something akin to that when using sym too. wth is wrong can’t we just game without needing that kind of stuff?

i’d have more fun in my games if all toons were asexual and focused on gameplay not gonna lie :wink:

the more i learn about lore the more this game looks like the SJW of shooters ; and i’m not sure if it’s a good idea. we’ll see with time i guess :wink:

2 Likes

I gotta admit that 76 is not who I expected but it’s interesting nonetheless.

Kinda sad really since as much as he wanted to be with this other person he couldn’t due to his duty. Maybe he’s showing some regret? Who knows.

Although with the mention of Gabe now i’m over here wondering who that family reaper was following in the Christmas comic is.

1 Like

Well, gay or straight, when you love someone, you want to be close. I guess photo, 76 watched in reflectons comic was his partner.
Ehhh…

Jack just hauling around 8"x10" photos of the bro who got away in his pack.

I know and I never said that it was I pointing out possibilities and character development. The first part of my comment is agreeing that there is no certainty that this confirms that he is gay but if it is that’s what the rest is for.

1 Like

Ah, I see, okay sorry. I get you.

He’s happy for him. It’s so romantic. He’s fighting for justice, he let Vincent live a Nornal Life cause he knew he couldnt be there for him but keeps a picture of him close to him when he fights. Its a classic american soldier vibe. It makes sense to fight for your country and the people you love and he keeps them close to him in one form at least.

They also revealed that Ana AND GABE had made a family while in overwatch. So gabe was looking at his fanily in that last christmas. I always wondered if gabe/soldier had some chemistry alot of. The fighting would make sense. But I’m thinking Gabe is a doubleagent.

1 Like

Oooh nice didn’t notice that!
I’m perfectly happy with Gabe having a family and would like to know more just gimme that looore pls.