Soldier 76 is gay?

Try to guess…
Tons of whine “…we need someone to represent us…”, “…we need another gay…”, “…where is Emily…”.

I noticed trend in USA media for last 10 years (cinema, games). There MUST be gay everywhere, and he/she must be good guy.

4 Likes

It’s what she deserves

1 Like

I agree, but even with that being said, it’s kind of like my Last Jedi opinion…

That movie created lots of visibility in the media because of it’s choices… and even though I loved it, they SUFFERED for it. Solo was a box office failure (which is so sad, because it’s an amazing Star Wars film) and Episode IX will unfortunately suffer as well (which sucks, because Im willing to bet it will be the best in the new trilogy).

Not all marketing is good if it affects your future product.

1 Like

Personally, I am not dissapointed because 76 is gay. Actually, I don’t care about fictional character’s sexuality at all.
But I am dissapointed because instead of real lore progression we only get this type of short stories, that takes like a day to come up with and write, and contains almost zero important info or something that drives story forward or, at least, adds more depth into characters.
The whole reveal of 76’s sexuality is not bad by itself. But it feels bad because it looks like this whole tiny bit of story was created only to reveal it. Because outside of this reveal story has almost nothing meaningful for lore progression.

1 Like

Are you really surprised though, they get all those subversion points. Turning the big tough all american hero character gay. That’s like gaining at least 15 points on the progressive stack. How could they not honestly?

1 Like

I hate this… Now we need trans- to represent them in game… Game, Carl!!!

In the short story, Jack mentions how Gabriel and Ana have families. And in the Christmas comic, we see Reaper staring at a young couple with a young child. I am under the impression Gabriel used to be married, had a child, things feel apart for obvious reasons, and his ex-wife is now remarried.

Not sure the Reaper76 fling would ever be canon, unless we find out Gabriel is bi.

2 Likes

Very true what you wrote. We will see does this affect Blizz at all or will people just forget it.
I should watch the Solo movie :thinking:

being gay isnt a political stance

1 Like

The only reason I would hope it would affect them is so their stories feel more natural… not because I don’t want LGBT characters in the game. Their 100% should be, just perhaps more naturally…

And yes, you should. It’s a solid 8/10 for me.

1 Like

next to be gay, rein!!!

So funny to read this… Ana, muslim women, talking about gay relationships like… I don’t know. This is looking very funny and controversial.

1 Like

I find the whole thing cringey honestly. I’m just over here like more gameplay updates please.

Although I will say that the story was very nice to read, we need more.

There are plenty of Muslims who are allies/are lgbt themselves. It’s 2076 people

Wait a minute… How can Jack Morrison be gay? No gay man would ever wear socks with sandals…

2 Likes

Whatever, I will swallow it. I have nothing against gays, but why 76?

Haha true 8)

Why not? It’s almost as if anyone can be gay/bi

1 Like

Dude it’s almost a meme at this point how many Conservative leaders/Pastors get exposed to secretly have interest in men. I keep saying you guys are ignoring obvious reality.

After thinking about it any more it definitely does remind me of Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars treatment… may people felt like the story elements of the Last Jedi were not at all accurate to what would happen in the Star Wars universe and that it didn’t make sense. Because of that, people cried out, and were silenced by fans (unfortunately, like myself) who believed otherwise. That didn’t do anything but piss people off even more and they did end up causing the next Star Wars film to suffer tremendously, including the fact that Rian Johnson’s entire trilogy was canceled.

Companies that do things like this in the name of diversity or anything like that usually suffer, even if they mean well by it. I think this is probably a subject that will put the story on thin ice until they can figure out a way to make everyone happy, like what I believe Disney is trying to do with Star Wars

1 Like