Soldier 76 is gay?

The games still available for you to play. The balance changes are rather slow but what was the reasoning behind bringing politics into this conversation? Soldier being gay is hinted at and suddenly it’s the reason why the game went downhill???
Correlation?

This is a textbook example of heteronormativity and advocating for it.

1 Like

To all those up in arms: Some people are gay. There isn’t an agenda. Straight people make gay kids. No need to feel offended or “under attack”, there are still plenty of straight characters.

Also, there was a lot more in the story. Please go read it all and then reflect how small of a part the conversation was in the grand scheme of everything.

4 Likes

Now that that’s out of the way can we get “Auto-reload on Sprint” in the next patch notes, please?

I mean did it have to be soldier? The generic cliche call of duty hero?

Y’all straights can have him tbh

They’re either going to give him some decent buffs so they’re not seen as using him for attention or they’re going to leave him as is so they’re not seen as being biased and “favoring” gay characters lol. I’ve already seen people use this argument as to why they don’t want to nerf an “overpowered” character like Tracer.

For this salt? Yes. Its aaaaaall worth it.

2 Likes

Other than “Hurray another character is out in game, hurrah for inclusion” this is and should be no big deal except to those who have issue with LGBT persons. Bravo Blizz.

4 Likes

Yeah until it’s confirmed assume nothing.

Have 20:

• Traynor (Mass Effect 3)
  • Cortez (Mass Effect 3)
  • Aria (Mass Effect 2 & 3)
  • Liara (Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3)
  • Ellie (The Last of Us)
  • Tracer (Overwatch)
  • Tiny Tina (Borderlands 1 & 2)
  • Dorian (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
  • Sera (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
  • Tony (GTA)
  • Ticker (Warframe)
  • Kung Jin (Mortal Kombat X)
  • Juhani (KOTOR)
  • Da VInci (Assassins Creed)
  • Sir Hammerlock (Borderlands)
  • Dorn Il-Khan (Baldur’s Gate)
  • Pretty much all of the origin characters from Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • 6O (Nier: Automata)
  • Heather (Fire Emblem)

And there are far more out there that I cannot name off the top of my head.
Plus a lot of RPG games also have the option for the character you’re playing to be gay, so there are countless opportunities there.
For a proportionally small demographic LGBT people have a lot of representation my dude.

Also regarding OP where is this information coming from?

2 Likes

Soldier being gay just throws all sterotypes out the window.

So basically to the ones that are mad over this, you are either mad about this because it doesn’t fit your headcanon or because you are homophobic.

1 Like

That is a 4chan fake thing. Nice knowing from where you come from.

2 Likes

You were TRICKED into loving a gay /bi character. Now writhe worm.

4 Likes

I think this may have something to do with why I feel it doesn’t fit. When I think of Soldier, I think of that kid on Xbox live telling me what he did with my mom last night. I don’t see a whole lot of depth to soldier other than that, he shoots and fought in a war. It’s part of the reason I never had any interest in Soldier 76 to begin with (except his Slasher skin) because of his overall modern shooter aesthetic.
It’s kind of like making Master Chief a person who is transgender… it feels like we’re adding depth to a character who didn’t need it.
That’s part of the reason I think it’s just a weird choice. It seems like you’re marketing the wrong character towards the wrong people.

2 Likes

Master Chief is pretty gay dude…

answering from other post

Says who? He hasn’t mentioned any romantic leanings at all in the past, so he has given no indication whatsoever about his sexual orientation no matter which way it swings. This is the first mention of it ever, and it isn’t forced at all, read the story. It’s done the same way Tracer’s mention was done, a passing thing that is matter-of-fact, because it is.

says the objective real world. how many gay/bi nationalist american soldiers/leaders with the personality of a conservative disciplined dad have you met in your life? not getting at least a little bit skeptic would be naive.
at least for me, its just bad world building. that’s not how stories are made, not when you appeal to representation just because, and even more when there’s already much more better representation for this specific case and this is about it and nothing more. the consistency is bad.

It looks so forced… They broke under lgbt threads pressure.
Cant understand why 76? Why not Lucio or someone else?
Is not it too many gays for 25 humans?

5 Likes

Actually it is kind of a big deal because yet again someone’s love life is revealed not because it does more for their character but because someone said " I would like they to be X" and bamf they are. IF you’re going to write a story the worst thing you can do is have pointless story points.

To give an example despite us knowing Widow was married to a man we still have no confirmation that she is straight. There could be many layers to uncover in her own personal story about how she could of been a hiding her homosexualilty trying to live this nuclear life but as we know nown violelently turned against it. becomign someone else entirely.

Anything is far more deeper then “Oh, I’m gay now.” Everyone is going to just ask “Why did you feel the need to tell me that?” and it goes back to the biggest reason other then religion that people don’t like gay people and that’s because so many never shut up about being gay. The whole you don’t have to shove it down my throat thing has simmered down thankfully but many still don’t understand that’s why so many people don’t care. It’s the same thing as that one person that always brags about getting laid. We’ll ask you when we care. Don’t ask don’t tell rules.

2 Likes