So you're nerfing Genji again... but doing nothing with Tracer!

Fixing a broken ability is just that, a fix.
Suppose it can be interpreted as a nerf but I personally don’t.

He’ll be fine…this strikes me as yet another change that everyone will absolutely blow up (already are) and ends up actually being hardly noticeable

Roadhogs hook was broken though?
The LoS fix was done terribly the first time.
Doesn’t change anything.
Also I don’t remember whining about Hog, maybe you are just generalising i guess…

But this isn’t about the Hog, its about Gengu.

Baaah Genji the high mobility hero who can run away whenever he wants, deflect ults and wipe an entire team get finally fixed.

1 Like

Depending on how they’ll ‘‘fix’’ him ,yes.

Anything that negatively effects the power of a hero is a nerf.

for example : if they removed all of doomfist’s movement quirks (for example ,jumping at the end of rocket punch for extra horizontal mobility, and punching specific places to get vertical mobility) he’d be literally unusable ,that’d be a nerf won’t it ?

3 Likes

Well, it’s a fix which is nerfing Genji. Yes, the fix is a nerf. Even if the hitbox isn’t shrink but the VFX is now matching, enemies especially McCree & Junkrat & sometimes Pharah can now see what deflect actually is in pure visibility & hero like McCree can simply jump then flashbang above the border of the VFX. Remember what Shadow said:

Deflect is broken mainly because the VFX is morbidly misleading & it’s not really the size.
Overall, I believe Genji will still be viable after the fix/nerf happened.

Genjis hitbox was shrunk over time for deflect, you may not have even noticed it but look at the videos people posted from 2016, its outrageously large, I saw one from yesterday that proved the animation was only a TINY bit smaller than the FX.

Was waiting for this. Give it up.

I’d say repeatedly calling for unneeded Tracer nerfs is beating a dead horse.

It. Is. A. Fix. The deflect hitbox/animation is not accurate, so they’re f i x i n g it

Its already pretty accurate, it was tested by a player named Poochie yesterday, its only a tiny bit bigger than the FX, it just feels large because genji is always jumping around.

1 Like

There’s nothing misleading about Tracer. Genji’s animation and hitbox simply don’t match so you need to memorize a hitbox you can’t see if you want to do something like flashbang him mid deflect

Uhhhh flashbang is a bad example… A good mccree can land a flashbang on a deflecting genji, he just needs to know the splash of the ability and how far above his head to throw it.

Have you seen all the videos of it? There was a massive megathread on the old forums.

I saw a recent video from yesterday that was thoroughly tested and it seems like genjis hitbox for deflect is reasonable

they aren’t really nerfing genji

Any hitbox nerf to his deflect is basically going to make junkrat and mccree beat the life out of him even more, flashbang will now just be a fling that crap anywhere the border ends and free kill…

It’s already easy to flashbang around deflect. This really doesn’t change much. Genjis will just adjust to the new hit box.:man_shrugging:t6:

Jeff Kaplan said it himself, it needs to be big to be operable, and when it WAS pixel perfect it was a useless ability…

I just hope they curve it a little if they are making ANY changes to it.

I know that’s why i’m saying this change isn’t changing much. He said “update” the hit box. Whatever that means. I just think the graphic is going to end up being easier to see and matching the hit box.