So you guys are REALLY going to do Sym like that?

“Beam-type damage is now reduced by 20% when attacking armor”

REALLY. You are HONESTLY nerfing SYMMETRA for absolutely no reason. She already is being reduced because the way armor works already and you’re reducing her damage even more??? I just can’t understand this change. I am CERTAIN this was to make Zarya less strong because of how she melts everything but they had to make it ALL beam attacks because it would make no sense to only nerf her again armor. Ok, so I guess GOATS can just so whatever they want then cause Baptiste over her certainly won’t help with that issue.

Just remove it already, or you know, FIX IT. FIX SYMMETRA. You ONLY nerfed her this patch. No buffs. Nothing to compensate. She is ALREADY in a bad spot and you guys are just digging her grave deeper.

10 Likes

Nobody cares about symm, this is a nerf for Zarya

5 Likes

i dont think the devs really like symmetra so…

1 Like

And also Symmetra is still perfectly capable of melting people at max charge (which isn’t pretty hard to achieve compared to Zarya)

But Sym has no survivability, unlike Zarya who has 400 hp.

3 Likes

I believe this is a buff, as armor used to reduce her damage by 50%, that no longer applies and only the 20% applies.

Read Carefully

Damage Over Time effects, INCLUDING Symmetra’s primary fire are not affected by armor and only has the 20% damage reduction.

If your pellets does 6 or less damage, this is going from 50% reduced damage to 20%.

1 Like

???

symmetra is easy to kill even on max charge, LMAOO i bet you play rein

I fixed it

Which is the point of her. She’s a Glass Cannon. She’s able to melt people incredibly quickly, but considering she has to be in close range and has no survivability whatsoever, she goes down quickly if you’re able to focus on her.

If she was an actual glass cannon she would be doing ALOT more damage than she is currently doing.

3 Likes

I think its actually a buff… I think the previous damage reduction was 50% though seriously wheres the other balance changes. I didnt see the teleporter listed in the bug fixes.

7 Likes

Stop being outraged and listen to this man. This is a big buff for sym against armor and a nerf for Zarya the higher her charge is.

1 Like

So. I’m curious, are they not longer including the armor reduction itself to beam weapons…? Or is this in addition to it?

How much percent is it on live servers right now ?

I need to know if it is a nerf so I can drop Moira completely at this point.

It’s almost easy to confirm that this is a buff. Armor used to reduce things by raw damage, meaning that if it reduced by 5 it would be 5 even if you’re playing something that shoots 100 bullets per second each dealing 5 damage which would be a huge reduction.
With the new buff it would only take 20% from each of your bullets, which is a much lighter reduction.
This will be more noticeable the lower the beam damage was, which means it’s REALLY good for Moira.

Nope. They said the outcome reduces her dmg overall as she gains charge

I’m more annoyed that Torbjorn gets 50 extra health when I’ve been asking for Symm to get 50 extra health (in the form of 25 hp/25 shields) for months. I mean really lol.

Devs confirmed both zarya and symmetra should be doing less damage to armor now.
So no.
not a “buff”

1 Like

That’s what makes her too weak though, at any level of competency where people can semi aim (plat+) she just dies before she gets her damage up.

1 Like