So where the genji buffs at?

Unapologetic genji enjoyer here. Hi!
So where the ninja buffs at blizz? My guy is waiting for them buffs

And my bro hanzo too ain’t got a dps passive.

But I guess sojourn is fine as she is riight?
With her long range dragonblade for an ult, nice mobility and for some reason a damage aoe ability. Ok lol

4 Likes

Hello ninja-brother, unfortunately I doubt we’ll be getting the well-deserved buffs anytime soon. Too many Mercy onetricks crying and Blizzard needs to sell more skins rather than focus on fixing the game. Have fun dashing into pocketed Sojourn to tickle her toes then proceed to get 600 damage in 0.1 second.

3 Likes

I don’t think Genji is a priority atm. There are other characters that need tuning right now like Sojourn and hog needing nerfs or sombra and brig needing reworks or even someone like McCree needing his kit looked at (especially his deadeye as it’s very underwhelming.) Oh yeah let’s not forget they’re still trying to figure out the competitive system and making ow feel more rewarding. Not creating excuses for them, just trying to paint you guys a picture on how long it’ll be until we see any changes for our favorite cyborg ninja besides, he’s fine where he is rn at least imo

1 Like

I completely agree. I’m in gm on dps and not a hitscan player unless I absolutely must than I’ll play 76 and it’s quite annoying that the only two counters for sojourn is either dive or counterpicking. And as I don’t have 10000000+ hours on other shooter games and aim training labs I usually get differ by the pocket sojourn leaving the only viable option to be dive like genji who I’m actually quite good on but uh oh genji is awful! That paired with mercy pocket makes diving a sojourn near impossible :slight_smile:

I feel your pain brother.
Sojourn feels like a team is needed to stop her in high elo. She has a great design and I’m sure her kit would have been perfect in 6v6. But rn she’s basically two dps with a mercy pocket.

What genji needs?

1. Invincible mid dash (moira balanced? tracer balanced? so genji also must be ivincible mid dash, because it is feel so bad die mid dash from random spam)
  2. Deflect should block sigma rock, seriously it just the stone from the ground.
  3. Genji is lowest damage output hero in the game and this is total bs, also right now he even more reload simulator than Ashe, so there is options:
  • he needs no realod like hanzo without increase dmg or
  • increase dmg to 35 with still 24 ammo or
  • increase dmg to 29 with 30 ammo or
  • increase meele dmg to 50 or
  • increas shurikens hitbox (kiriko knives hitbox size balanced? so make same for genji)
  1. Increas the blade damage to 150, seriuosly how the hell ultimate can be lower dmg than phara/junkrat/hanzo spam if he taking high risk of die when he goes into meele fight meanwile phara junk spam billions of dmg from save position. Also decrease nanoboost dmg bonus and increas dmg reduction instead, Ana is support isnt she?
1 Like

I love the idea of mid dash invincibility and increase melee dmg.

I would love to see:

1. Melee dmg 30 to 40
  2. Deflect cooldown halved per elim
  3. 130 dmg dragonblade
    And keep everything else as it is.
    That way he gets his one shot combo back, encouraged to play agressive thanks to deflect and dash resets and, have higher burst ultimate

I am a semi genji enthusiast and I think he’s in a decent spot tbh. Like, I still get value when I play him, but nothing insane.

Bro they too busy working at PVE.

1 Like

Are these Genji buff suggestions troll posts? I certainly hope so. Otherwise it would confirm my theory that Genji mains have protagonist syndrome, you need your man to be OP.

Hell, the idea that Genji even needs buffs is main character syndrome, Genji is fine, not OP, not UP, hes probably one of the most balanced characters rn. Hes juet not meta, and Genji mains need him to be meta for him to feel “balanced” in their minds.

1 Like

He’s also not good enough to be thriving in situations where he should be. he needs some nudging he feels lack luster. Forsure also very boring I’m more in the lines or a full on rework imo.

Pretty sure most ppl would like some kind of buff to their main. You really have nothing better to do than spew your plat psychology all over the forum?

yeah I think you just suck at genji bro. theres no way youre seriously suggesting this.

I think they just suck at genji tbh. He has so many crutches and still they want more lmao. Most genji’s I go against just spam double jump and right click and then act like they’re god’s gift. Maybe if they could land his primary attack and actually get kills outside of dragon blade they don’t be begging for blizz to let genji deflect a charging Reinhardt and have invincibility during dash (that’s just sad and embarassing to suggest that)

1 Like

Crutches?
I’d be glad to hear his crutches.
Is it the double jump?
The wall climb?
Deflect?
Dash?
Pool noodle?

The better genji players will still use him regardless of his state. I still crush symmetras and meis despite being low gm high masters.

We all just wanna dream okay? Is that too much to ask lol.