So where are the changelogs?

I was just kicked out of the game, game said there is patch.
Game downloaded 700mb and installed it, and… what changed?

1 Like

Well I did check there, it says OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – JULY 18, 2019
while today is July 26th

It’s from a week ago, we want the current one from today’s update.

Maybe it was a PTR patch then…

And now the comp doesnt start? I guess cause not many updated yet

Sorry, heres the latest one

Im not on PTR, I dont even have it installed

Console got the patch as well, and we don’t have the PTR.

1 Like

Could be that they are removing some code that’s no longer needed?

by adding 700mb? Thats strange.

Every OW patch is at least 700MB for unknown reasons. Even if they only change one tiny bit. It’s only sucks when you have a 2MBit pipe like my bamboo connection…

If they change anything in a compressed file the entire compressed file has to be re-downloaded.

They could be deleting a player icon. But so long as that player icon is in a compressed file with all the other icons the players has to re-download all of the player icons.

Blizzard is good about this. Some companies like Bethesda are not. Fallout 76 required you to basically re-download the entire game each update due to their poor file management.

But these OW files are looking like archives where they can put in whatever they want. Each patch changes alot of these files and many are over 1GB size, when the patch itself is not. So it should be the case that they can push anything in these files. But of course it is possible that in the archives are files that need to be changed as a whole.
Still strange that the patch size often is around 700MB.

According to the BlizzardCS’s tweet, patch notes are being compiled.

Its to fix the FPS drops due to voice lines I thincc

Both versions of the game were patched today, so far the patch notes for live are “still compiling” but will show up on the patch notes page at some point.