So, when is this performance patch?

This is the exact thing under discussion. Single or dual channel memory modes are not going to impact frame rates.

2 Likes

My point is that it could impact other parts of the system because how crappy Windows is. OW still relies heavily on CPU and if the system is getting bogged down by other stuff due to slow read/write to RAM then it will slow down the CPU and also cause the game to preform worse.

It still boggles my mind why anyone would even bother with single channel RAM in a PC. Outside of specialized setup, say for a firewall only system or mass storage NAS, single channel is over all a worse way to go and you’re not saving any money.

Either way, it’s not the game. I have a friend on a 980 still and gets better at low settings. It’s something with OP’s system. Hell maybe his OW render scale got set to 200% without him knowing.

I’m getting the exact same framerates with the exact same video card and low settings for the rest. 75% render scale and also running the same streaming software. 8gb ram, 2nd gen i5.

Sounding more like an 1070 hardware and/or drivers problem.

I haven’t had any noticeable changes with my 1080.

How about running the game at a lower quality? The game can’t run 16x AA at high graphical settings and not take a hit in FPS performance :man_shrugging:.

I’ve got a 960 2gb, I’m getting 170 FPS regularly at medium settings, no reflections, no fog, 4x AA and the game still looks good.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Also as per the first response, get another stick of RAM. While some mobos support single channel ram, dual channel is not only preferential but in most cases is optimal.

Eh, I’m not complaining, this is the performance I’m expecting from a regular 1070 on low settings.

It’s running as low as possible.

It’s 100% the RAM.

I got a 8600k (at 4.6 GHz) with 16GB 3200MHz CL14 Dual Channel and a GTX 1070 Ti. When I remove a RAM stick I lose around 80-100 FPS from my ~230.

Overwatch mostly requires a fast CPU and fast RAM to fill the CPU with data. The GPU almost has no impact as long as it’s not something freaking old like a 8800gt (and play on minimum settings).

Many people have problems with fps, me included.
It’s not your card the problem, it’s some patch of Overwatch.
Example: i always run chrome + Overwatch at the same time (With OW settings pretty high). Now it’s impossible to do. And this happens only with Overwatch.
OW needs a fix patch. Something went wrong

There are threads about it in Technical part of the forum

2 Likes

I have a single stick, 8gb and the game runs at 250-300fps (except for the awful lag spikes that the latest patch brought).

It’s definitely not the ram.

The only way you have 250 with single channel ram is in the spawn room or training area. Prove me wrong.

Its the mousepad, its incompatible with the newest nvidia drivers.

But seriousl, if ya got performance issues dont write all this nonsense.
Its GPU, CPU, RAM. Everything else is kinda irrelevant.
Seems like someone wants to shove his setup down our throat? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My performance in OW is better with a 1060 then your 1070 so you either have faulty drivers or Bad Hardware

Check for errors, benchmark&compare to same Hardware if its suspiciously low performance, Patch&update every driver (sometimes go back a Version), reinstall, upgrade your Hardware , repeat. The cycle of missing performance :wink:

just get faster ram. 3000MHz minimum, i have 3200MHz single and i run it 220+ fps at all times medium presets. dual channeling definitely gives better results.

i5 8400, 1060, 8gb.

I can take some screenshots today with my frame rate on display.

Make a short video of a team fight with multiple ultimates because that’s where the fps drops are happening. I always could make a sceenshot and look to an empty place where nothing is happening and get 100 more fps than in an actual team fight.

Mobo only supports up to 2133 MHz RAM.

just dual channel it and see what happens. you should get 20-40 fps increase. this game is really picky with ram for some reason.

Look at the setup, its super strange. A 7700k with a B150 low end mainboard which totally negates the purpose of the CPU because of no OC and only slow RAM support.

its your Ram !

I’m pretty sure RAM is your problem though. Overwatch is VERY reliant on Ram speed, and you being in single channel cannot be good. It doesn’t matter if your GPU isn’t maxed out. You shouldn’t even aim for a maxed out GPU but a maxed out CPU, which I doubt is the case since your RAM is heavily bottlenecking your rig.