So, what do we think of the sombra buff

What is your opinion on the sombra experimental change?

This is a famously polarizing character and they’ve been very careful giving her straight buffs (all of them have nerfed other aspects). People complain about my girl a lot, but I’m surprised I haven’t seen people talking about this change.

2 Likes

If it goes through, I will cry. Tears of joy because I play her? Or tears of sorrow for all my ruined games? Maybe it is both.

14 Likes

The thicc Buddha is as wise as they are thicc

2 Likes

It’s something to help with her down time issues and helps with Sombra’s apparent need to announce her presence when she unstealths.

8 Likes

Sombra prioritizes pure BDE over victory. You gotta respect it

7 Likes

Stealth speed buff: fine.

Stealth entering/exiting buff: hell no.

Sombra is still really good in pro play and with these buffs will be like the best hero I’m the game up there. I wish owl didn’t exist.

I like them. I just worry that OWL players are gonna complain and Sombra’s gonna get hit with a dumb nerf like Emp now costing 3000 charge or something stupid.

The buffs will make her more fluid and fun to play. It is only a good thing.

(doomfist sweating.)

I think I would have preferred them trying something less gut jerking I suppose. The 10% speed probably is not a huge deal on its won. Going -300ms going in and out is a very large change compared to just like -100ms.

I mean, counterpoint, seeing as the cast time coming out also doubled as her being effectively stunned when shot out of it, and 0.75 seconds is actually longer than shield bash.

1 Like

I’d give her +5% more speed in exchange for a decreased decloak buff.

Is this what they call it now instead of saying no homosapiens afterwards?

GM/Pro community will complain about “not being able to play” or “losing control of their character” and it’ll get nerfed. That is most likely what will happen

1 Like

Oh goodness I should fix that thanks for noticing.

I’m down for sombra to become stronger but if they’re gonna make hack stronger by having faster execution potential when coming out of stealth then I’d rather see hack function like a skillshot.

People say this, but have no idea what they are asking for.

If you play a ton of a Tracer, Genji or Doom, sure that might help you. If you play ANY tank, Hack just became MUCH worse and far more will land on you.

I’m afraid to talk about it, as I don’t want to draw attention to the worst hero on ladder getting buffs without a “…but…” attached in fear the forums will riot and start hiveminding against it.

Fair enough, to be fair I was not considering what I said to be such a straight forward suggestion. I have no idea exactly how to balance the game, I just know getting hit with hack feels horrible knowing how easy it is to use.

I sympathize. Try and Think of it as a test to your reaction time to the sound cues she makes. It’s easier to stop her when you know what to look out for. But i won’t act like I know either. It just only takes shooting at her for her kit to not function.

I think that the reaction time window it gives for certain heroes like widow and zen can be points of concern. And only those points being the points of concern.

So like time to enter stealth reduction and stealth move speed increase are fine. But they could probs consider not reduce the time to exit stealth as much as they have on experimental.