So... they killed bap's immortality field

A duration nerf, I could understand - though they’re already overdoing it by reducing it to 5 seconds.

But when you add the cooldown nerf on top of that, the downtime between uses of immortality field (if it doesn’t get shot down prematurely) have gone from:

12 seconds (on live)

to

20 seconds.

Immortality field was the only available counter in the support category to oneshots and overkill burst damage.

And they just nerfed it into the ground.

And yes, I’m including support ultimates when I call I-field the only support counter to one-shots and overkill burst damage. Neither Trance nor Beat Drop really protect against one-shots, and dps have gotten so many buffs since launch that it’s a simple task to overwhelm a support ultimate just by throwing more damage at it.

8 Likes

Duration = 5 seconds and cooldown starts as soon as you place it so cooldown is 20 seconds. Previously it was 8 seconds duration and 20 sec cooldown which made it look like it was 12.

4 Likes

Why are you repeating what I literally just said in the op?

11 Likes

Trance doesn’t, but beat 100% does. No hero can one shot through a lucio ult.

19 Likes

I think it’s more an anti-annoying nerf than anything else. ALso probably trying to make viewership exciting for OWL.

Cause otherwise the nerfs don’t make much sense. Baptiste isn’t the most picked support in low ranks and he underperformed for months even with the current IF.

1 Like

High Noon can, but no one actually uses High Noon like that without being a meme lord.

12 Likes

Because you said devs killed it but they instead did a work around. If it depended on me id simply put cooldown to only start after finished or destroyed but what they did is better

1 Like

You just had to be that guy didn’t you? One ult for an ult seems fair to me though

Don’t you think you’re being hyperbolic?

The Immortality Field still performs its main function, which is to prevent allies within the area from dying from high incoming damage. That will still be a major benefit to the team if used correctly.

6 Likes

Unless it instantly gets lasered down. Which happened even before this change.

“they killed bap’s immortality field”
no…it’s not killed.
It’s still here.

But you will have to use it more carefully.

1 Like

Sound barrier shields: 750, which immediately decays at 125 per second.

It loses half of it’s effectiveness in 3 seconds, and that’s not counting how fast you can chew through the remaining shields with burst damage.

Dva bomb max damage: 1,000

Riptire max damage: 600 (can one-shot sound barrier after 2 seconds of decay)

1 Like

You have to be at the exact epicenter of those ults if Lucio times beat right to still die.

2 Likes

I was about to type “I do” and then I finished reading the sentence…

1 Like

Oh you mean Bap players will have to use it STRATEGICALLY now? Want to know how many Baps i came across who could easily 1v1 me? Would get him down to half health, he pops IF, pops self heal, and now I have to focus on the field while he kills me in 2-3 shots. The nerf didn’t go far enough, IMO.

3 Likes

If they want to make i-field an ability with a low uptime and a very high downtime, they may as well rework it into an ultimate and swap it out with amp matrix.

As it is, immortality field has joined resurrect in the reviled category of “E abilities with cooldowns so long, their hero has to play like they don’t have an E ability at all for the majority of their gameplay”.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what they should have done — but they gave him that AND a double damage ultimate, AND a self heal, AND a high damaging hitscan weapon, AND a super jump. You’re being a giant baby that he was slightly nerfed lol

3 Likes

And that’s supposed to make it fair?

Junkrat can just pilot riptire to explode directly over your head, and both he and Dva can drop their ult over cc’d enemies, in the middle of a small point (which is especially bad news if you’re in overtime), or behind the enemy’s shields.

Not being able to save your teammates; no matter what you do… has become a disturbing trend for supports in the past few years.

5 Likes

so you can’t block dva’s ult? or destroy junkrats?

It is 3 ults, are you serious? They have to be playing dva, mccree, or junk, have their ult when lucio has his, and use them directly on someone to kill them through his ult. Any other time, lucio’s ult is unable to be one shot through and protects his team very well