So the new Brig change

Yeeah just one, you know all this because you’re a professional who has multiple experience in competitions, or because you are a prophet? Cuz that sounds like a whole lot of baseless prediction to me

I didn’t bother because you didn’t give any kind of argument, you described other heroes’ kit without talking about Brigs numbers, so no, I don’t need to refute anything you’ve said because those are true statements although they have nothing to do with Brig being balanced or not

If you plan to answer please read first

1 Like

So first off, I want to just give my thoughts on this potential Brigitte change. I personally don’t think it’s going to be an issue. It gets rid of a frustrating part of the game on Reinhardt’s end without changing her too much. I think that she will be just fine if this nerf does go through to PTR and then to Live.

So if you just read my thoughts and you’re good, you’re free to go. Scroll further down, or click off to another thread. You do you, pal.

Responding to the other posts on the thread

Now, I’m going to respond to some of the other posts on this thread. So here we go.

From my experience, a lot of the heroes she “counters” are more heroes that she can duel against, and the duels are almost always based around cooldown management. Does the hero have an ability that can nullify or minimize the effect of Shield Bash? Are they attacking Brig when that ability is on cooldown? Are they attacking when Shield Bash is on cooldown? Those circumstances can all determine the outcome of the fight.

I honestly don’t think Winston’s barrier will hamper her too much. If nothing else, she’ll just need to get on their side of the barrier and then bash. Then shield dancing becomes a thing which has always been a thing with Winston specifically. Plus, dive has never been barrier heavy. Winston’s barrier only has 600HP. Have your team burst that down, and then the people in that space are free to be stunned. Especially Tracer. Always stun her because that makes her a free kill if you don’t mind burning your kit.

She doesn’t counter Sombra. At all. If anything, just for the sake of consistency, I wouldn’t mind if Sombra could disable Inspire like she disables Lucio’s aura. Either that, or remove the fact that she could turn off Lucio’s songs. One of those two. Just to make it consistent.

As I said before, it’s a duel. Based on what cooldowns they have up. If Reaper can get the jump on her, though, he can outlast her. Especially with the buffs that just came in for him.

He shouldn’t be in her range + Soldier’s been in a bad spot since Dive really. Everything counters him at this point because sustain just isn’t good. Burst has been king since S5. So if we can nerf burst as a whole (burst damage and burst healing) and just bring them back a bit, then we can probably have a game where sustain has a place again and Soldier can be viable.

That’s her job.

See above.

See Soldier. Granted, McCree isn’t as bad, but he’s always been vulnerable to CC. Hook, Halt, another Flashbang, you name it.

Not really??? Mei hurts him more than Brig does.

Not really, again. A lot of the tank and Rein mains I talk to say that Rein wipes the floor with her, simply because he can outlast her. Even if we’re talking 6v6 here, Zarya and Ana can have his back on this one. Zarya can bubble him to protect him from SB followup, and Ana can nade them so he gets more healing and Brig gets none. There’s a lot that’s in his favor. And with this nerf going through, even more will be in his favor.

Cooldown management. She has Fortify. She also has range with her gun so she can get some damage on Brigitte’s shield before she gets too close.

Cooldown management. If he can save TaB until after SB, then he’s good. Otherwise, if he gets stunned during TaB, that’s on him.

Armor can be detrimental to her, but otherwise, Brigitte can’t really counter her. It’s one of those things where Brig can’t hurt D.Va too bad, and D.Va can’t hurt Brig too bad.

See D.Va.

Again, not really. Yeah, she can stun Lucio or Mercy, but they both have self regen and a quick getaway. Ana can soft counter her with bionade disabling Inspire for a bit. Zenyatta shouldn’t really be close to her to begin with. And Moira has fade to get out of her range.

At this point, I don’t see that a whole lot anymore. At this point, I see more of “She is part tank so treat her like one”. Sick two heroes on her and she won’t be able to keep up. If you treat her like a tank hybrid, respect her space, and focus her, then she won’t be as much of a problem.

I think this also says a lot about her state. The pros since her launch have, for the most part, had no problem with her. Effect is the biggest example I’ve seen that goes against this. But pros predicted the meta shift that would happen, and they’ve said that they saw the challenge in her being in her cooldown management, and even saw ways to counter her and such. There was even an article I recall reading where they interviewed three pros about Brig, and the only nerf they suggested was to her Repair Pack. Her tanking abilities weren’t even touched on in terms of buffs/nerfs.

This article was around her release, and if anyone’s interested in giving it a read, it’s here

And to reiterate what I said earlier, this nerf is just a QoL change for Reinhardt. Brigitte was pretty balanced before. Maybe overtuned, but still balanced. Just on the stronger side of balance. This nerf won’t be too detrimental to her while making Rein’s life a bit more bearable at the same time.

3 Likes

and hog, and genji and winston and etc…

It’s not just a 1 v1 game. That’s why she counters McCree soldier rein and Orissa. With the 2 dps its her armor. Same with Dva Hog and Winston. Also she can deny hog his heal. She counters them.

Tracer Genji Winston Dva. All of them are countered by her armor. Not her cc.

Rein and Orissa get countered by brig cause of the disruption she causes.

And I covered the 6v6 scenario with Rein since he was believed to be the biggest victim to Brig. And even in a 6v6 scenario, Rein should have the upper hand.

Soldier has been struggling since he went out of meta so this isn’t the first problem he’s had. Like I said, if we nerf both burst damage and burst healing, we can hopefully reach a place where sustain heroes like Soldier have a place again.

Same with McCree.

D.Va and Winston do have a slightly unfavorable battle against Brigitte, but that clearly isn’t stopping anyone since they are both seeing playtime. Not only in pro play, but in ladder as well. GOATS has D.Va, and Doats has both Winston and D.Va, and both are being used.

Tracer and Genji are the heroes she can solidly counter. The others are either 50/50, or they are slightly unfavorable fights.

Rein and Orisa really aren’t affected by her, especially when this change to SB goes through (which it probably will without any issues).

This change really feels like they didn’t like what UK did at WC

Except that glossing over the issues.
Teams tried rolling other comps but if it did not work they would devolve back into goats. Then the other team, in must pick style, would counter goats with goats. Teams would cycle past the different goat comps and end up with a mirror match of Zen based goats. So that’s pretty much a true must pick.

The only reason goats comps where kept in check at all was due to the World Cup game play rules of the team that lost the last map, picks the new map. So teams, extending her impact even farther into the game, would deliberately pick maps that were weak for goat comps. It’s why we saw blizzard world play so much.

So even when not being played, brigitte and more to the point goats comp was impacting game play. Sure the best team in the World Cup, the winner of World cup and the only all OWL player team in the World Cup could stop goats. Yet even then, they many times ended up in a mirror match.

I still think we have not seen the last of the Brigitte patches. Her impact is simply still to large.

2 Likes

You will be surprised about the amount of dumb Pharah players I ran into in my team.

But in all seriousness, yeah there is no way in hell Brigitte can kill Pharah, unless the latter got hacked.

Brig is OP, but this is not the nerf she needs at all.

Brig needs solid 3% drop in overall winrate to be balanced.

I think shield bash should activate inspire to make up for this nerf.

As a Brigitte player, I don’t think the nerf is that bad. It should make me think more about when to use shield bash.

1 Like

Armour makes him useless. Her burst healing makes his consistent damage null.

He is countered by stuns and brig has a super good one.

Armour cuts her damage output in half. Rally makes anyone immune to pulse. Her peel is amazing…

I agree, but brig is insanely good at rapidly gaining space on orisa. I think its a fair matchup slightly tilted for brig.

Stunning winston will make him nigh useless and usually result in his death, stunning DVA means no defense matrix which is really good. Also armour nullifies their armour.

Stop thinking of 1v1s. Any hero can avoid 1v1s. A hero can not avoid brigs impact on those around her.

Not only does she deserve NOTHING for compensation. They need to hit her with more nerf hammers until shes flattened so hard that shes basically disappeared from sight. #DELETEBRIG

I’m actually kind of okay-ish with this change, at least the way it sounds. I mostly play brig when there’s an annoying flanker or a hyper annoying doomfist in the backline and this nerf won’t really cripple my ability to deal with said flankers in the future.

As a Brig player, i love this new change. No way should it be so easy for a brig to punish a Rien.

I kinda agree, Brigitte is balanced, I’d rather have some tweaks to Rein for him to handle some cc differently.

This kind of comment should never be taken seriously

brig is not balanced if the devs themselves keep nerfing her

its as if we were right all along and brig is actually overtuned and not balanced like you claim

if you take a look at overbuff, her winrate is still pretty high