So telebombs is not going to be a common tactic now?

Oh. I hadn’t thought of that.

Well, the telebomb is going to be pretty questionable now that her turrets stacked slow effect has been removed. Instead of 60% and (possibly) locking a target down (unless they have a movement ability) to deal damage, they have a 20% slow. Which is easily escaped by walking away due to the limited range.

1 Like

Yeah old sym was almost built around how good tele to point was. A longer distance tele, with lifetime uptime is good.

Burning that for a telebomb means you would have to be REAL certain that the bomb was good.

30 metres is 5.45 seconds of walking. Getting back the fight faster is nice.

1 Like

Where was this patch note? I can’t find this.

It’s part of this. Unless they decide to re-implement the stacked slow just for sym turrets.

1 Like

sym is truly going to be a tp bot now. Sacraficing our survivability so we can taxi or teammates from spawn. Love it

I think you misunderstand the change.

It states friendly and enemy slows are separate and chooses which ever is slower.

Meaning rein’s barrier being held up will not stack with the 60% slow from the turrets. Preventing him from being fully locked.

He will still get slowed by 60% from the turrets. Just won’t be slowed by himself.

technically still a nerf against specific hero’s like rein and brig. However should remain the same for other targets that do not have self slowing mechanics.

1 Like

Aside from this it will also be very useful to do things like provide a semi-permanent pathway from high ground to low ground on say, King’s Row. Or from one side of the point walkway to the other on Numbani defense. These sort of teleporters will be very useful for your 76’s, your Ana’s, your McCree’s who need to take high ground quickly. Even with 76’s sprint if he gets knocked from high ground to low on a map like King’s Row, it’s a long walk around to get back up there.

Hanamura point B defense, get your Ana and your Bastion up top on the little balcony to the right of the point for a view of the left-side door and entryway :smiley:

Telebombing was always a noob tactic that wasted powerful abilities on long cooldowns.

2 Likes

No you wouldn’t want a weaker hero just so your spawn time is faster that’s a terrible idea

Sacrificing dps for quicker coming back. If people are needing to come back you likely already lost the fight

I mean to get the full 3 turrets in a turret bomb the cooldown on it is gonna be 30 seconds anyway so its not really gonna matter that tp cooldown is increased

Could not agree more. I only used it sparingly if I felt I could get away with it once or twice. Most of the time it was better to get them spread out a bit to distract and pester the enemy with.

What’s a tele bomb? Is that when a symmetra finds a sombra teleporter and places a lot of her mini gun things around the teleporter?

1 Like

Im guessing you weren’t around during overwatchs closed beta where the opposite was quite true.

Also syms not that weak.

You throw all your turrets down in a stack, place a teleporter behind an enemy and teleport the turrets on their butt to burn them.

1 Like

Drop three turrets and place a teleporter that moves them into the middle of the enemy team.

It wasn’t very good in medium rank and above, people have too much alertness.

1 Like

I never really telebombed in the ‘traditional’ sense where the turrets ended up on the floor, rather instead I would put the TP down then send the turrets THROUGH it at random angles which always seemed to be super confusing to the enemy cause they couldn’t tell where they were going to end up until they were getting zapped.

Naw I always chose shield gen over tp it was better

I was saying she has below average dps. That’s true and she doesn’t have much utility to justify that

Yeah sym can work but this is likely a nerf I’m going to just pay attention to her winrate and pickrate. Time will tell who is right

The teleporter is going to serve as an elevator to the highground for heroes without vertical mobility.