So, Sombras dead again. That's cool

lol, her hack counters the entire support/tank role and she sucks, ok then

People who complain about certain heroes generally have not put in any time to understand how difficult it is to actually play them. People with 100+ hours on a hero tend to make things look easier than they are. I know every time I watch a pro genji play, I think to myself “I can do that,” but then I try genji and I fumble around for 10 minutes and lose the match with no medals and 1 blade kill.

1 Like

You’re right, you do! You have 6 hours on Sombra this season of Competitive and she’s your most-played hero in Competitive!

You also have a 37% winrate with her.

>.>

4 Likes

I’m not extremely experienced on Sombra but the nerf feels very frustrating.

1 Like

She feels extra clunky this time around.
You can really feel the difference the buffer time made and it’s very lenient on los checks now. The 2s cd isn’t really needed since everyone can react to it, the main problem was that hack was going through even though it shouldn’t.

1 Like

They clearly stated that these changes were supposed to make her better.

1 Like

I feel sad that what you said is accurate.
… I don’t know,people said she should be nerfed is because she made tanks life a nightmare but you got healers to keep your hp.
I always call out who has been hacked and tell my team to protect him and eventually I never loose a game as Moira when the other team has a Sombra.

You have gamesense to know when she has emp, and far back while holding your ult, tell your team to separate and supports should pocket each other.

I play Moira to save the day, and play Sombra to destroy them. I just don’t think people play this game as a team game.

As a support main in comp, I’m really happy about this. I wouldn’t mind a revert to before the buff, but her last iteration was silly brutal.

The hack time is literally 0.65 seconds and it causes all kinds of issues with latency ect. Stop running up to an enemy while holding M2. Surely you can play her in a more sensible manner?

Before Sombra even was properly announced and we had these speculations that she’d be a stealth hacker with strong CC, a huge huge part of the community was deadly opposed to this. And they remain so.

It’s not really a surprise Blizz tried to be careful at her launch, but by now you’d have thought they’d have tried harder to ease her in. Instead they’ve buried their heads and her in the sand and tried to forget about her. Every time she pops up, there’s huge overreacting from the CoD section of the community, and Blizz seem overly concerned and conscious of it.

1 Like

the thing is, LOS costs a lot of bugs, too.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/recent-list-of-sombras-bugs-with-examples/34051
it shouldn’t happen because devs just put the patch through the live without PTR or at least testing it.
Sombra players feel really disrespected because of that.
Sombra is not weak now, she just too buggy to be playable.

1 Like

I’m literally laughing at Sombra players right now. I hear their hack attempt, I spin and blind fire, interrupt and they are basically helpless at that point.

So, be useless? Thats the counter argument? “Just be totally useless and she’s fine”.

If you don’t have someone hacked basically at all times, you’re better off with another Hero.

Since the interrupt makes that impossible to do, Sombra is trash tier and should be avoided unless you are throwing.

They failed.

Character limits are stupid.

The 2s interrupt is a non-issue for any decent sombra player. If this is the thing that you think makes her trash tier/throwing then you play with really bad sombras.

She has less gun spread, more roam time on her E and her hack now disables passives. Did these buffs fly over your head?

1 Like

Decent sombra players who do nothing to help their team, sure.

Wow, you snuck around and hacked someone in the backline, super…meanwhile your team just got wiped.

Spread reduction was super minor.

E time isn’t that big of a deal, its a nice QOL is all.

Hack disabling more stuff isn’t a buff when she can’t hack anybody anymore

By all means, keep playing her and losing games. I’m having trouble not laughing to death by literally 360 spinning with M1 held down and totally shutting down any Sombra ever.

Her spread reduction is amazing.

E is a buff, it’s not a QOL.

Your last point is silly I’m not going to argue against it, I’d rather bang my head against a brick wall.

Edit: Implying most people have a reaction time of under 0.65 seconds. Good one.

Thats funny, thats exactly what playing Sombra is now like, bashing your head against a brick wall.

I played about 6 games last night, most had an enemy Sombra (QP), I got hacked twice. I shut-down a hack mid-hack and either killed or forced the Sombra to port EVERY other time.