So now we know why Mercy was never changed Edit: (I CALLED IT!)

Medal fodder for the bad DPS players this game can’t chug the pinkie sized seeocks of

And now Brigitte is having her armor packs nerfed to 55 hps each. Man did I call it.

Good prediction

So they’re essentially gutting each hero one by one.

At this point, Soldier/Sombra might be better supports if they continue with this

New PTR notes? Do you have a link handy?

Man, remember when people used to say “What’s easier: Buffing/Nerfing one hero or Nerfing/Buffing several?”

Here you go.

Yeah idk, it almost looks like they’re toning down everything in preparation for…something…

2 Likes

I got you beat, called this in november:

2 Likes

Guess it’s a good thing I only play mercy and moira now, can’t go any lower than that and there should be no more nerfs incoming.

Why honestly even bother learning other healers at this point?

I do like playing sneaky support Dad:76 so maybe I’ll have that to look up to at least. I’ve been transferring to DPS in any case.

It wasn’t. This part of that PTR patch didn’t go through, and neither did his HP increase.
If healing continues to be decreased globally, hopefully damage will be decreased as well. Today’s Widowmaker change is potentially a step in the right direction, but it’s far from the only issue in regards to damage.

Mercy does not need to reload or aim, and she doesn’t waste resources.

Mercy also doesn’t do any damage unless she’s NOT healing, unlike every other support. And the time it takes her to swap to damage is longer than any reload.

I’ve wasted resources when someone hops in front of me and I can’t lock on to the right person, just like an Ana who shoots and hits someone missing one health.

2 Likes

How does it feel to see the future

1 Like

We’re not talking about dealing damage, though.

But you can’t look at one without the other. They both contribute to what a healer is contributing to a fight. Besides that, Mercy BARELY outheals/doesn’t outheal the other main supports. So if you’re only looking at healing, Mercy should be much higher than the others.

Mercy has not been a main support since forever.

Ana’s damage and healing come from the same pool, I might be healing someone and suddenly someone decides to jump on me, I might not have enough ammo in the clip, which means I need to use my sleep dart and fall back or fight, so I will still have to reload, whilst this process goes down, a Mercy would already have her pistol out, and would be firing away.

Not to mention Mercy can use her teammates to escape in case it goes south and she deals more damage if you can land your shots well.

And Mercy can’t do ANY healing in the mean time. And if she can’t get out of combat, she can’t do anything to heal herself. And if she gets backed into a corner where she has to shoot, then she’s a sitting duck who’s at half health before she’s even swapped to pistol. No other options.

Ana can reload, sleep, shoot her Rein to keep him up meantime, nade the enemy and heal herself. Don’t tell me an Ana is defenseless just because she has to reload.

You’re still burning valuable cooldowns, though. It’s not about being defenseless, it’s about resource cost and value of the said resources.

Or they want to scale back the amount of healing thats in the game all together. Let things die faster speeding the game up

We kind already fall over quickly, not to say that you should instantly heal someone to full health…but health could use more value.