So...No longer allowed in this forums to do "Off topic" But fun threads?

On the topic of overwatch, as long as it relates to the game or its lore in some way, it’s allowed. Don’t talk about what you feel like making for lunch.

Just refering to posts like

" Complete the sentence above you "

Nope, I tried to start a Tasty Treats thread but it got shut down pretty fast.

Also got silenced for saying a few off topic stuff.

This forums are slowly dying…

With exception of speaking negatively about Mercy (negative feedback on Mercy gets moved to the megavoid to be hidden away from the main forum), as long as the discussion is related to Overwatch it should be fine.

1 Like

You could make it overwatch themed and go from there but technically if it isn’t Overwatch related you shouldn’t be doing it.

That said as long as it isn’t toxic I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mod lock those threads though.

But how are we supposed to know the devs favorite type of cookies now?

Send a support ticket?

I made the Overwatch RPG and many other game threads and they stayed, but i would like to know aswell what are the exact rules.

I asked because i saw a few posts getting shut down for the same reason i stated above

Huh. Well that’s interesting. Off-topic threads usually provide some levity from the constant storm of complaints and threads about how the game is dying.

Thats interesting, i think they really should allow to have fun threads which are positive all around, look at Obermoji Cafe, favorite thread for many where you can just chill out.

If they removed my Overwatch RPG thread i would be kinda shocked and sad and probably demotivated to spend too much time here.

Honestly, a lot of people make many off-topic threads on here and I don’t recall seeing them get in trouble or get their thread deleted? Unless they just made that rule or the mods didn’t get rid of them for some reason.

Like:
“What did you do this week?”
"What are your favorite games?
“Rate the name above”
“The item on your left is your weapon”

Idk, What host is used for this forums?

i would like to create my own forums eventually,

The problem is these forums only have a general discussion thread for anything that isn’t a bug report, if they want their community to actually do stuff here then they need an off topic and feedback forum.

WoW had like 50 of them last time I checked so it’s not like it’s beyond them.

What threads? Maybe you can link us a few? Because that’s really interesting, especially if they related to OW.

Considering that posting privileges (such as videos, html links, and whatnot) are connected to reading and posts, those type of “one sentence” posts are often used to pad out stats and authorize 3rd level posters that haven’t actually contributed to the discussion.

A lot of those threads also talk about politics or other controversial issues, which is another reason they might get shut down.

Either way, it’s clear the forums aren’t a playground but a discussion group. If you don’t want to talk about OW and want to talk about English Grammar, then there are other online forums you can use.

This! I just remembered Warframe forums, they really need to add offtopic section!!

i cant

because you know, bans

Well, what were the threads called, then? Why would you get banned for listing down examples? Without linking them, in this case.