So my power flickers.. and

I get back in as fast as i can (takes internet about a minute to reconnect even though comp is back on in 20s) I immediatelly rejoin game…

Were up 1 0 on assault map…

We Win that round, game over, we won.

I leave, Im suspended I lose 50 sr …

AND knowing all this I didnt get a meaningless endorsement from anyone despite being the beast that I am in the STACKED gold division.

MY QUESTION HERE DEAR SIRS AND MA’AMS… is why do you still get penalized when you come back (ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING WE WON ONLY… not like even lost 1 of 3 rounds)

1 Like

…because you left.

6 Likes

Use your phone as a hotspot next time. Unlucky

Because u left u got penalty of 50 sr…then u came back performed either good or bad…and won some sr but it was not all the 50 sr debt u had earned…so u lost sr in the end…had u not come back u would of only just lost 50 sr. (All numbers are example only)

Can you rejoin matches after leaving for over a minute? I thought once the timer expired that was it for you

This doesnt happen on all matches though. I had a similar power flick as the OP just last week got back in quick, said to my team mates sorry probably gonna loose 50sr for this but i am back. We went on to win the match. I gained 25sr

Considering he still went down by 50 he didn’t gain anything

there is zero point to coming back if you get punished regardless

2 Likes

No, you can rejoin a comp match for as long as it is active. So long as you dc late enough in the game to where it isnt immediately canceled, you can rejoin at any time before the game ends

You can rejoin the match at any point, however, there is a 2 minute timer on being able to rejoin without an SR penalty.

It’s pretty generous considering how much damage can be done by 2 minutes of 6v5 or worse.

4 Likes

Then he didnt perform wel enough to make up all of the sr he lost for leaving. That is how it works. I dont set the rules its just how bliz set it to happen. If he performed well when he came back he could of gotten 0 sr or maybe gains depending on if he played like a t500 or not i guess…

Citation needed, because this is not factual.

4 Likes

How is it not factual? Thats what happens…u lose x amount of sr for leaving then IF u come back and perform well u can gain or even end up geting 0 sr…most likly u will lose sr…but thats not the point.

It’s not factual because you can’t prove it. Correlation is not causation and there is nothing official you can quote from blizzard to corroborate this.

The only system that exists is a 2 minute timer after you DC/leave a match. If you rejoin within that window you gain/lose SR normally. If you take longer than those 2 minutes, you are suspended and penalized whether you rejoin or not.

Performance has zero to do with it after 2 minutes. Once that window closes, you lose 50 sr and get suspended even if you turn into a pro player.

5 Likes

dumbasses dont get the point is I already knew what would happen. Im asking how it makes any sense.

It makes sense because you took longer than 2 minutes to get back. That’s the cutoff.

U seem to have a point. All i can find is Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties from bliz. They use to have more on it but even the jeff post that refrenced in that blue thread is gone. If by what u say is true what is the point in returning to the gamr if u get no reward for it?

For me it’s to at least give my team a shot at winning despite my absence causing damage.

If you mean what do you, personally, stand to gain from it, then nothing. Depends on why you play.

1 Like

So u or i might come back due to honor…but thats not how most of the ow comunity is. So there is no real reward for coming back. That is contrary to what i was told by a coach long ago when i was seeking help to improve. But eh…we cant change it o well i guess

That’s why most people are not mentally or emotionally equipped for competitive or team environments. They do it anyway because they feel entitled to it, and the result is this community.

Overwatch is one of the worst gaming communities in the world simply because the game is so accessible and 98% of the people who play the game shouldn’t be.

1 Like

wow u ignant

first of the highest sr you can get is like 80

secondly all your gains is reset upon returning and in a match that is supposed to be even you have no chance regardless of rank