So much crashing

This is the only game that I play that consistently crashes. EVERY GAME at the start while getting to the point or objective it stutters, and sometimes during the match I get lots of random stutters. Other times when it happens the game just crashes my pc and I’m really sick of it. This thing is running on liquid cooled 11th gen cpu and a liquid cooled 3080 i get zero problems in other games but this game the crashing is so real and consistent its shameful. Anyone have suggestions i’ve tried turning graphics down and it still crashes so its not that

2 Likes

tried reinstalling? sounds like you have corrupt files or something

video drivers up to date?

1 Like

There is an mega thread about it in the supports section with tons of people with those issues and Blizzard still doesn’t care.

They just released the exact same buggy beta client.

2 Likes

That, my friend, is 100% an nVidia driver issue.

It really isn’t. I get the same on AMD too.
The game hasn’t been optimized at all.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen the 3080 has problems in a TON of games and it all goes back to the drivers.

I don’t know if reinstalling/resetting windows to fresh would ultimately help but most of the reports that I’ve seen come from people with newer GPUs. If resetting isn’t an option then I would suggest turning off Windows Game Mode, probably. Who knows if it would help though.

My GPU isn’t even new and it is just OW2 that behaves like this. Not even OW1.

1 Like

I believe you but I haven’t had any problems with crashing/stuttering on my rx580. But what I can tell you is that it, more often than not, goes back to the drivers if temps aren’t the problem.

I mean, there are ways to actively diagnose the problem but a normal user wouldn’t want to do any of it. :slight_smile:

I tried literally everything outside of updating drivers because there aren’t newer ones anymore.

The only thing I found working against the random crashes is playing in borderless window mode which once again hints at purely a game issue.

The game also always crash when loading route 66 if the graphic preset is set to anything higher than high regardless of all other settings.

The game still freezes like a pig when it feels like. There is no getting around that one.

Interesting. I generally play on low or medium w/shadows set to Low. I do this for performance reasons a.k.a Comp player who wants 144. I could try loading higher settings to see if I get any problems. Only thing I can’t really test is DAMAGE FX as it absolutely wrecks my FPS and does cause frame stuttering.

You know, there is something I could suggest… what about downgrading drivers? If you’ve ran out of options it could be worth a try.

Its not video drivers but I’ve not tried reinstalling so I’ll give that a go

Actually I haven’t tried that one extensively to see if it is the cause of the fps drops but normally it didn’t make a difference in OW1 since all it does is remove the blood. But who knows. Maybe they have screwed it up somehow.

Your computer is probably overheating. That’s a you a problem, but there is software that can help you monitor it.

Could be an interaction with the new lighting engine. If changing it does anything for you please do let us know. It might be worth posting in tech support if it does.

Must be a “you” problem, I don’t know if I’ve ever had the OW client crash. Maybe once.

It doesn’t seems to make a difference but i just realized that spawning heroes in the practice mode seems to cause massive drops when they are loaded for a first time.

It’s definitely not a “them” problem. Head over to the tech forums. But yes, it’s an individual computer problem. I had crashes at the beginning and I had crashes last patch. Both could be fixed on my end. That does not change the fact however, that those problems only occurred with OW2 and no other game. I have a high end system btw. First time I had to adapt the refresh rate of my fps monitor and second time it was the nvidia update combined with overwatch resetting my max refresh rate in the settings. Not saying it’s their fault, but it’s clearly not a user fault either. PCs are complex and very unique.

Any fixes?

I am having a stutter and frame drop problem for no reason

This did help. It did still crash but its crashing less.