So Mercy is no longer a main healer

Honestly, with Mercy’s larger focus on healing Ana is allowed to attack more often. Ana is the only one of the two with more offensive abilities in nature and a gun that can quickly heal or damage. If anything this enables Mercy to be the main healer and not have Ana locked purely into healing.

Though in general Mercy+Ana is really not a bad combination. You trade a bit of offensive for more sustains and utility. Ana/Mercy can both cover for one another. Ana has more usable AoE with some death preventative measure in ultimate. Mercy has limited AoE, but regular life reversal effects.

If not protected they are sort of screwed, but the stronger healer at times means Mercy can get away with more damage boosting as well or Ana can attack more often.

There is certainly synnergy with say bionade + valkyrie for either anti-heal on enemy + damage boost chain or heal effect + heal chain for higher sustain.

Overheal decays over time. Battle Medics that solely use the Crossbow are frowned upon.

If you’re using Res consistently in situations that make you an open target, you’re doing it wrong.

Medic also can’t heal through sustained fire, unless you give up Uber or Crits for the Vaccinator or Quick-fix.

Mercy is also infinitely more mobile.

You said the stats back up her being a main healer, so is Lucio a main healer as well? His stats back it up, so why isn’t he considered an off healer

I’m saying “the stats back it up” is a bad argument when talking about main and off healer

I just find her design to bland and boring in a game where there are just more interesting healers. (Gee maybe that’s why I’m a Lucio main and secondary mains for healing are Moira and Zen.)

Medic is the only healer in TF2. It makes him fun and unique.

Mercy’s current design doesn’t fit with OW. Everything takes too long to be effective and it’s boring because it feels like you’re wasting time and making no difference no matter what you do.

5 Likes

That’s incredibly hypocritical of you to say, considering Mercy and Medic are so similar.

Medic…is the only healer in TF2.

OW has more healers with more interesting kits.

How is this hypocritical?

It’s hypocritical because you’re writing off Mercy as “bland” and “boring,” while supporting Medic, despite their playstyles being close to identical. And this is purely because Mercy actually has competition for one of typically two healer slots on the team. Medic is played out of necessity, since he’s the only primary healer. I guarantee that if a second main healer had been created for TF2, your opinion on the Medic would have been very different, perhaps even aligning more with your opinion of Mercy.

This is why h ttps://i.imgur.com/LMxoqp4.png

1 Like

I don’t play Mercy because there are more healers who have more interesting kits.

Medic is the only healer in TF2 so there’s no other kit to compare him too. And even if there was, it still only two healers vs the number of healers we have in OW.

OW simply has more variety.

Mercy provides no real mid-fight potential like the other healers do.

Medic at least had Uber to help break a stalemate/push a fight potential.

Accurate.

3 Likes

There is also a significant dose of TF2 bias in that picture. Amongst other things that I won’t point out.

I read it the same way as @Tealos.

3 Likes

It’s only natural, TF2 is the better game.
Kinda sad to see what it has become nowadays. Its playerbase is almost as clueless as OW’s.

2 Likes
  1. So? It’s a meme…

2. Why is it wrong that I don’t find the appeal in Mercy’s playstyle because OW has a selection of more heroes while I find the ONE HEALER in TF2 to be more fun because he get more variety in his kit and has a more effective ability in a game where ults aren’t a thing?

In what ways? IMO TF2 and Overwatch are equals; each is superior to the other in some ways.

I have only logged into TF2 only 3-4 times since OW came out but in short:

More skilled playerbase.
Less toxic playerbase.
Banter which doesn’t get you suspended adds to the enjoyment of the game. Now that I think of it, you can say anything you want to an extent.
Characters are well designed, fleshed out, keep the banter going during gameplay, for example when a Domination happens.
Game gives out more warlike vibes.
Every hero is a man, actual representation for mercenaries who beat each other all the time.
Mod support, custom maps, custom HUDs.
Community driven tournaments.

Off the top of my head, the list goes on.

Well you have quoted me first have you not? I believe you had an idea of what you were getting yourself into with discussing resurrect with me. Since well… You quoted me to get my attention. But that’s just my assumptions. :blush:

Nonetheless, I believe I’ve already stated my intent with my writing as not being intended to disrespect you, so for the sake of staying on topic, let’s discuss Valkyrie, shall we?

Your stance on it was that ressurect is what made her a must pick for months correct? And then you said that it’s the biggest issue of her kit.

My argument with that is that Mercy was a troll pick before being given invincibility buffs. So her being “OP” or a “must pick” literally didn’t exist, until she was given a rework. We can say that when she’s had invincibility, it made her very strong, yes, but there is no data (from what I’ve seen) that says that she was more OP with mass res than with Valk, especially so at the beginning of the rework. And a lot of those reasons are not solely because of resurrect as an ability. Which is my point. :blush:

Not sure what to say about that, since I’m pretty sure we don’t speak for everyone, do we? But thanks for offering your consideration nonetheless. :slight_smile:

Oh is that so? Well… Allow me to ask you a question.

Which one made Mercy OP for 5 months straight?

Mass Rez or Valkyrie? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

The rework as a whole did. Not just Valkyrie.

2 Likes

First point, debatable. While it’s true raw mechanical skill is heavily favored in TF2, a significant portion of skill in Overwatch comes from being capable of understanding when to swap heroes, knowing which heroes are worthwhile in which situations, and extremely importantly on maintaining a cohesive team unit. TF2 can get away with barely controlled chaos. You can have trolldiers practicing their jumps and going after snipers, you can have Hoovies giving sandviches to the enemy team, etc.

Point two, also debatable.

Point three, TF2 is rated M. Overwatch is rated T. Younger target audience means a different set of rules needs to be followed.

Point four, the same can be said for Overwatch. Both games feature banter between characters, announcements mid-game that let you know you’re doing well, etc. For example, a Team Kill or “On Fire” as opposed to a Domination.

Point five, extremely subjective. It’s a matter of personal opinion. I personally don’t find Team Fortress giving off any “Warlike” vibes, given the cartoonish art-style and over-the-top personalities of the characters.

Point six, that’s just being misogynistic. And fun fact, this is legitimately the first time I’ve thrown that marker out.

Point seven, Blizzard has said they want to at least get mapmaking tools to players; however it will take a very long time to get the game’s engine and mapmaking software public. As for everything else, I don’t care. Modding is present across the entire Steam community, and in none of Blizzard’s other games (notable exception being Warcraft, since DOTA started off there).

Point eight, yeah, Blizz really, really shot themselves in the foot by prohibiting community-organized tournaments. That point stands, and of this entire list that point only.

1 Like

Fair enough, then you would be agreeing then, that Mercy with Mass res before the rework did not make Mercy OP for 5 months straight. Did I get that right?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart: