So, Mei's new bug makes her pretty much unplayable

Sorry, but I can’t be mad at anything that Mei “unplayable” in any way.

Wow, that’s actually kind of abysmal.

I’m honestly impressed by how much they managed to screw up the execution on a feature no one asked for anyway

1 Like

Blizzard: “Oh, yeah, remember how you said you didn’t want to see which enemy players were in groups?”

Community: “Uh, literally no one said th–”

Blizzard: “FIXED! You’re welcome. Overwatch is now perfect.”

1 Like

Remember when Torbjorn was “knida good” then they nerfed his secondary
Remember when Junkrat was good, and they nerfed him back to worse than when they started

Blizzard is known for making heroes worse than when they started buffing them.

But those are intentional changes. This one’s an acknowledged bug.

1 Like

This bug has also effected widow maker in very specific circumstances

Bringing up doomfist was really unnecessary. But this means I can say that doomfist has much more bugs than Mei will ever have. Also don’t act like it’s making her unplayable, she can still get value off of walling off a tank or some other use of it. While I will agree the change was really uncalled for (same with the Bastion Self-heal changes) they won’t affect much other than muscle memory. Even if you can’t place it on ledges right now (which it should, not saying it shouldn’t) it doesn’t make Mei unplayable.

Edit: I read the bug wrong oop.

So what’s your point? If it’s a bug it will get addressed? Do you expect every single thing to perform 100% correct all the time without fail?
That’s totally unreasonable.
What is reasonable is if there is a major bug it will not be left.
Let’s all just calm tf down.

Holy hell! That’s horrible!

I haven’t played much Mei this week so I had no idea. That looks god awful I hope to god they change that. Mei’s wall placement was not an issue. Why would you do anything to it?

1 Like

Well most important of all, no hero should ever be Meta.

So that statement is not even relevant.

So, by most of the time… did this happen like once? Was just playing comp with her, never happened at all. Haven’t heard anything of it either.

edit:

forget i said anything, this is pretty messed up… also explains why i couldn’t wall off a bastion properly on numbani first point.

You just have to log out of the forum, refresh and log back in, it should update your picture

Honestly I’ve actually had better luck placing my walls as Mei since this change.

I just kinda aim in the air above an edge and it clips to it. If it misplaces by being slightly closer than I was hoping then it’s not as bad for me as when it previously liked to go 20 meters behind everyone.

That being said, it looks like the wall placement now has a maximum distance which is probably what’s throwing people off the most, from what I remember it didn’t previously have a maximum distance (or had a bigger one) so previously workable placements don’t work because she’s not in range. (ie, the kings row issue)

There are the occasional oddities but I’ve not run into anything as serious as being unable to place the wall. I tried to replicate the Hollywood issues and had no issues with placement at the Saloon.
I did have a minor issue with the wall above point but only when I aimed in a way that felt a little unnatural to me so I can see why maybe I’ve been missing these issues and why it could have easily got out of testing without the devs realising the issues some players are having.

She is strong af since role queue hit ptr and that was over 1 month ago.

This bug makes her far from unplayable, but you know what is unplayable when she is in my games? Overwatch…
Send her back to F-tier she makes me want to exit the game asap, she’s worse than Paris and doomfist combined

You can suck a fat one, Bloggerman. You ALWAYS have to be there when I have something to say about that broken character. You literally defend her to no end, so why should people even listen to you? You persistant pest of a human being. Lemme have an opinion for once without you making me look like an idiot.

Whatver youre on, must be some damn good stuff.

I think this is one of the weirdest, most difficult to follow analogies ive seen on these forums.

And thats saying something.

1 Like

Just to be sure, dont judge us all D.Va mains like this, i actually love using mei when im dps although yes, she is a pain in the a$$ if you’re a tank

1 Like

I have played mei this week, I haven’t spotted any bug concerning the wall, bogus troll thread?

Abilities: Working mostly correctly
Blizzard: “Let me fix those for you” breaks everything
Blizzard: “There we go, working as intended, we’ll check back in a month”