So like, let's not:

Don’t ban me from comp next time my internet drops when I’m in mid match. I came back and finished the match, I’m especially triggered since I was protecting my entire team and pretty much carrying them as Winston. That would be nice, thanksssss…

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new post in the Technical Discussion forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

2 Likes

Ugh this gave away the fact that you are prob one of those players that thing they are the only thing that make their team win.

It is a good solution against leavers. Even if your internet drops it isn’t that common so it won’t happen again in months right? Like, for real tho, get a more stable internet connection.

Kinda judging by the amount of posts I think this incident pushed you to come here and complain? I think you should check your connections next time

Does this count for that time Blizzards servers went down and 75% of the playerbase lost 50SR and Blizzard refused to do anything about it, or is this regarding the fact that I did finish the match out, and my internet is fine to play this game through and through multiple times but god help me if I have to walk away to vomit, diarrhea squirts or anything related to real life. Im glad I don’t go outside anymore and sold my soul to Overwatch.

I don’t think you should ever hop into a competitive game if you have a potential problem with massive diarrhea squirts :frowning:

2 Likes

This is another issue, this was Blizzard’s fault not yours so the complain is understandable,

You finished and yeah they should check this out, but for starters even if your internet went down, as I said it only happens once in a new moon.

A question by the way, did you lose SR or just got banned?

You shouldn’t play a

COMPETITIVE ONLINE GAME

while suffering of some illness or having a medical condition. Be it diarrhea or vomit I HIGHLY DOUBT someone sane who cares about not only his SR but his teammates would play in that state.

Sounds like a personal problem to me

Doesn’t it take multiple DCs to earn a ban? Honestly, if your connection is that bad that you keep disconnecting, you shouldn’t be playing comp until you get it resolved. It sucks, and it’s not like you did anything wrong to have a crappy connection, but that doesn’t change the fact that your DCs ruin the game they happen in. It’s not right to ruin games for 11 other people just so you can do what you want.

Must not be a recent issue, you only have 1m on Winston this season.

Seriously though it is odd people still get penalties after returning to the match within two minutes. Once that’s fixed though… ban 'em on third offense.

1 Like

This has happened to me twice, and both times I was back in under 60 seconds and won the games. A total of 100 SR lost. I understand the need for punishing leavers, but the way things are those with honest intentions are the ones suffering the most. The small minority are the leavers.

”Just get better internet before you play comp!”

I live in kentucky. This is the Internet I have. The most functional package. We have a monopoly for ISPs out here. I can do nothing about it.