So Let’s Talk Bronze

As someone who just recently got into gold after being in bronze/silver for 12 seasons, i can say that ELO hell is somewhat real, depending on your play style. As a tank main, i am actually having an easier time now than i did in bronze. I had to learn to play hammond and just take over games before i got into gold. But now that im in gold, i have a much easier time picking someone like orissa and rein and just doing my job.

if you are the type that wants to be a team player and not make risky high reward plays, you are going to have a bad time in bronze.

Also bastion comps are much better dealt with the higher up you get. In bronze, you are much more likely to get a team that just repeatedly charges into the shielded bastion. In those situation, u can feel pretty helpless as just one person.

Whereas I’m firmly in the “leave chat” camp, you seem even more firmly in the “comms are life” camp. Why can’t you just accept that chat is not worth it for some people?

My stance is “within certain conditions, chat is more a hindrance than help” and yours is “you are ALWAYS wrong to not be in chat.”

Arguing with absolutes is never good.

I believe i told you before that i understand if someone prefer not listen because he/she cant concentrate when in team voice or in cases of some social disorders maybe. Or was is not you? You have to realize that overwatch is team game where there is other 5 players, its not yours solo play game. Dont tell me you never had occasions where you could change outcome of game by simply saying something. For example telling your team when someone is behind. Idk for me being not in voice is very sellfish behaviour. Even when you dont want to listen to others you can mute them and talk youself, just impporant call outs for example.

Again i can understand if someone has issues with concentration but giving it as advice to others who dont is just bad advice. Just as is telling to others to play dps in order to climb is bad advice.

I just dont see any benefit in not being there. I had fun in many games when team was talking. I made friends by comunicating with others. Its just feels natural to comunicate.

1 Like