So Let’s Talk Bronze

I’m in Bronze stuck below <500
I started off around 800 then dropped then rose back up again then dropped back down to <500.

1 Like

I did the same thing and went into comp as soon as I was level 25. I had no experience on FPS and fell down to 700SR.

I was there for a while but I got out by playing Lucio, Symmetra and some Orisa. Symmetra is good cus people don’t deal with her turrets properly. They will get kills; all you have to do is work on staying alive and positioning.

In the end tho I found I enjoyed playing Lucio the most and played him to gold. I have a 60% win rate with him and can hold my own against enemy DPS in duels. He is great but sometimes you need more options as a healer.

So now I’m learning Baptiste and as a result am losing a lot and am back in silver temporarily but I am improving learning his strengths and weaknesses.

Once I’ve got better on him, I will climb to plat by playing either main or offhealer. One tricking one hero isn’t ideal. I would pick two heroes and work on them. After you’ve learned a couple you’ll climb although it takes time due to things out of your control.

Also, meant to say this. You’ll know when you’re onto something when you’re seeing people switch to account for you on a regular basis. And also when you win 2 and lose 2 but still have a net gain of SR.

Your gonna stuck there for awhile. silver/bronze is more about learning your characters and counters more then anything, you get good enough on any hero on any role you can solo carry your teams almost. Gold is just RNG on teammates since like 80% of the player population is stuck in gold. Struggle long enough and you make it to plat which is a more harder version of gold.

Once you make it out of Plat your finally in a position to “climb” since everyone else with you has strong game sense and usable comps are the norm.

My game play is fine.
It’s what you said first - I don’t play as often.
My game skill mechanics are pretty good.

I’ve had people jump on me and say my opinion is moot, simply because I’m in bronze. If I played more comp, I might be higher. But I don’t. :woman_shrugging:

I play the same characters on the gold that I do with my bronze.

1 Like

Forget what everybody else is doing, focus on you. If possible, learn a DPS hero and become amazing with it. Practice your own ability.

I don’t think this would give you a worse result.

My experience is that the rank on other accounts is still within a range of 250 sr, compared to my main account.

But I must say, new accounts give me a better game experience. :slight_smile:

I hate to break it to you… but most of them don’t even know what flanking means…

Play lots of Mei+ Brig in a 2 stack because people in Bronze suck at duels and probably suck in the 2v1 department too. Brig and Mei are excellent duelists and together they get a lot of work done. Snipers and Tracers in bronze won’t be good enough to deal with both of y’all unless they’re smurfing in which case you will obviously have circles run around you but that’s why you need to stick together.

Tanks? Lol. If you play even a sloppy Rein in bronze but you block damage from hitting your teammates, you will gain lots of PBSR. It is impossible to play Reinhardt without Support heroes though, so you may need to LFG a silver Mercy player to pocket you while you go full aggro towards the objective. Shield Mercy and y’all will survive. Mercy should be giving you blue beams when you are attacking, and Yellow beams at all other times.

Tips:

• DO NOT FILL ROLES!!! HAVE YOUR HERO SELECTION PLANNED OUT BEFORE YOU QUEUE

• Don’t stress out if you start getting pitted against tougher and tougher opponents. This is the natural progression of the ladder, and if you’re performing well as a 2 stack the matchmaker will find other 2 stacks who are performing well for healthy competition.

• Queues are relatively empty this weekend. Apex Legends runs ads during the OWL stream, and there’s an update next Tuesday. Many players have 0 motivation to play this weekend, especially casuals who are hardstuck in Bronze. Interpret this message however you like, but it’s more likely that you’ll run into smurfs without a bunch of casuals, skin farmers, Support 1-tricks and hardstucks to buffer them.

• I swear, at some point your Competitive lobbies will look like your Quick Play lobbies. It may be frustrating in the moment, but it won’t be later once everything “makes sense” again.

• Try to remember that you’re queuing into Bronze lobbies and you should not expect anything out of your team if they are not grouped up with you before queuing up. By this logic, you should praise your team for successful pushes and captures, and don’t be disappointed if they can’t even walk to the objective without falling off the map. Even players with the best intentions will probably have poor execution 'til mid silver. After that, poor coordination will be the next hurdle you face.

• Bronze trolls about to rank up will actively throw to derank. If you see this, try to ignore it and avoid that person as teammate. You might just find your next match against the same thrower and you can steal all your SR back.

• People get nervous around the threshold of a rank up. I’ve seen it A LOT and been through it when going from Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold, Gold to High Gold, High Gold to Low Platinum especially, and on the border of Diamond a fair bit too (especially below 3050). Ignore the jitters. If you get the jitters, remember that you’re on the rise in SR because you’re not committing suicide and throwing matches.

• DO NOT FILL ROLES

• Just like the guy below me said, self-sufficient heroes are great!

be selfish… don’t ‘fill’ play self effient heroes that don’t need the help of others. these include but not limited to Solider, Hog, Moira, Mei, Reaper, Orisa, Tracer.

2 Likes

Enjoy it!
You can gain gold point in Bronze as well as everywhere, and much less stress, you can play whatever you want in Bronze game! :slight_smile:

Thing is what works in gold may not work in bronze. OW is a highly situational game and we make the mistake of expecting one thing to work all the time.

1. improve your aim (or mechnical skill depending on who you play)
  2. 6 stack with people you know are good and make sure you guys keep playing untill you reach 1700
  3. play heroes like reaper with your improved aim or roadhog (if you play tank) if you are soloqueing with your improved aim and kill everyone
  4. if you play heals play moira and focus on healing she will help you climb like crazy same goes with lucio but focus alil on speed
  5. dont be arrogant about your wins

bronze/silver/gold/platinum its all same thing so dont bother if you’re bronze, just have fun and enjoy.

aim isn’t needed to win in OW. i argue all the time it’s the least important skill to learn.

I am aware of that.
I bring it up because gold is a higher rank than bronze, and people assume that if you are in bronze, your skill ability is bronze.
But with the gold account, I played quite a few games on it, and my account still stayed in the same range that it started as.
If I was supposed to be in bronze, my Sr would have started dropping.
But it didn’t.

depending on who you play it does matter.
Moira==>soft tracking
roadhog, hanzo, genji, etc==>projectile aim
widow soldier, mccree, ashe==>aim/tracking
aim is and will really important unless you are playing reinhardt (he still need to aim his fire strike and shatter) and winston or mercy and brig.
aim is and forever be important

From my experience I would just keep playing the heroes you main, find good players to group with and play around your teammates but don’t worry about their mistakes or whatever. The only way out of bronze is to improve your gameplay and not others.

There’s so much information to learn a basic thing to remember always is make call outs, good positioning and pathing. Know what the win condition is and tracking ultimates and abilities helps to know when is the best time to make a move.

I bought my first gaming pc when this game came out and ranked wasn’t out then. By the time I did play ranked I placed plat and peaked diamond even though I never played fps games on pc.

Then it’s just time. Play more just like you do on your main account and you’ll rise to the same SR.

As someone who has climbed out of triple digit bronze, there’s a fairly simple rule to climbing out of it:
Stop. Feeding.

You’ll climb just by playing a bit more defensively, actively consider cover before you move to an area, focus on keeping your tanks between you and the enemy (so many people in bronze just run ahead like they have godmode enabled for some reason).

2 Likes