So, let me get this straight? (Mercy, Order of Events)

Mercy gets a needless rework to satisfy anti-Mercy activists.

They claim Mercy’s “finally balanced.”

Then they complain she’s still overpowered after everything cools down (They’re not wrong, but neglect to address that they themselves caused the rework that made a balanced hero overpowered).

Mercy gets nerfed. Again and again and again.

Mercy’s extremely boring but finally “balanced”.

Meanwhile, steady changes to the game forced Ana out of being viable for the small amount of time she was.

And Lucio was one of the most impacted heroes by the ult changes, as well as his ult not doing much in the first place. On top of that, they enabled Sombra to completely shut him down.

Then Moira was nerfed unfairly to no longer be able to heal through shields, despite statistics proving she was balanced beforehand and there was no reason to fix the so-called “bug”.

These left only three viable, RELIABLE supports, those being Zenyatta, Mercy, and Brigitte. Of those three, only Mercy is viable as a MAIN healer.

Anti-Mercy Activists take notice of this.

Rather than blame the nerfs and changes that made half the supports underpowered, they blame Mercy herself and demand even MORE nerfs that won’t serve to make the other supports any better, and will only serve to make Mercy herself underpowered as well.

Did I miss anything?

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Ana main, SiROSTRiKE.

64 Likes

You missed the fact that Moria is WAYYY better than brig and even after her nurf she can heal through shields with 2 of her three healing abilities. Right now I feel like a lot of Moria mains underestimate her healing and use WAY to many damage orbs, it’s still possible to for Moria to outheal Mercy (and I say this as a support main who is WAY better at Mercy) even after the nurf. Also Moria is great in the Rein/Zarya meta.

1 Like

I’m just bitterly cackling at any moron who still demands nerfs for Mercy. She’s had, what, EIGHT of them so far? So much for all that celebrating that the witch was finally dead! :joy:

20 Likes

If every character is deleted then every character is balanced, i think that’s the mentality of the forums if i remember correctly.

5 Likes

I’ve been saying for years now that we just make baby Dvas pistol hitscan and delete her meka and all other heroes. 100% balanced game. Abilities are a crutch.

I completely agree, tracer is too fast compared to other characters so they should remove all of her abilities and lucio doesn’t need to heal when he has speed boost so they should just get rid of his healing.

2 Likes

There are two pure healers in this game, every team basically needs one.

One is with Reinhardt as one of the only balanced entities in the game

The other has to literally snipe to heal and has no mobility in a game full of vertical movement and barriers.

You are correct good sir

Now i play DPS since all the supports will be useless soon

1 Like

In all honesty hitscan baby d.va could be op vs other heroes.

1 Like

IMO mercy is really balanced. She’s playable in both low SR and high SR and is still going to do something for your team. Chuck an ANA into low SR and enjoy a widow twin and sleep darts hitting everything but the enemy.

Mercy’s simple kit allows her to be playable at every skill level (minus pre-1000sr where dps mercy is common)

1 Like

It’s the momentum of the typical nerf band wagon. In truth they wont stop until it’s blatantly obvious to everyone that it’s been over done. The public is piss poor at self correction.

The nerf band wagon is this game’s politics. Sometimes they’re correct. Often they’re dead wrong. However, it is always ever present in it’s desire to knock down someone from some perceived OP’ness. Often the facts don’t matter near as much as opinion.

Mercy being balanced will not be enough. Sympathy will only come to her after she becomes near useless.

Anyway that’s the history of public perception in this game.

4 Likes

Let’s not forget the only reason people 'round here feel justified in their desire to impose more nerfs onto her is only coz of her pickrate.

5 Likes

They neglect to realize, of course, that the only reason she’s picked so much is due to the only other “main” healers being unviable/underpowered, while she herself is the only one that actually fares well in the current Hanzo Meta going on.

6 Likes

The sticky mercy thread will consume this thread but in the meantime.

The problem with mercy is that she is viable in every situation. There isn’t a single hero that gives her a hard time to the point that she has to switch off.

Even zenyatta has counters like D.Va who can melt him down with her micro missles.

And brigette is countered by mc cree pretty easily assuming he is good with his flash bang combo.

mercy needs to be f-tier in top ranks, simple as that. She’s too easy to get too much value out of nothing. In midranks she would still be picked

Top-rank players can and will get value out of any hero they play. That’s kinda why they’re at the top.

Mercy did need changes, but a complete rework? Nope. And this is coming from someone who DPSs for a clan. The day I caught wind of the Mercy rework I was shaking in my boots.

She had two issues with her old kit:

1. She wasn’t relevant, especially at higher levels. I know some people would be ok with this, but she should be at least able to contribute to a high level match. While it may not be possible, I at least agree with Blizzard’s mentality to try and make all heroes viable.

2. Rez needed better counterplay options. “Just shoot her” is bad advice, especially when top tier players weren’t accomplishing that. It needed an LOS check, even if there was leeway on it (eg checked true in the past 1 second) because rezzing your entire team from the next room over is not a good game mechanic for anyone involved. It also needed an option to punish in a wider timing window. I don’t like the idea of a cast time for mass rez, so my idea is that if you kill a Mercy before her teammates can move, the rez doesn’t go through. She would obviously need compensation for the nerfs to rez, so I was thinking a non-team dependant movement ability on a longer cooldown.

Her new kit is fine in theory I’m just worried that she needs to be nerfed to oblivion in order for her to be balanced properly. At least with a revert we can fix the above issues then work upwards.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018