So is this how we balance stuff now?

It’s rather low overall but, unless I’m remembering wrong or something happened before my time 3.24% might be the highest Sym’s pickrate has ever been in QP as sad as that is.

Considering that the teleporter change isn’t universally popular seeing that much movement that fast definitely suggests the power level on the character went up in the situation she’s hitting with Sigma at an absolute minimum.

Pretend another hero got a partial rework that a significant portion of the players didn’t want. Then, said heroes pickrate doubles over the next two weeks. Wouldn’t you be thinking they messed up on balance?

1 Like

That’s pretty naive of you to think that, the balance team probably has gathered a ton of data with the PTR and this week of beta role queue. My guess is that they realized both Sym and Zarya just have a TTK a bit too fast when full charge with the recent beam changes.

Unless the patch did something it wasn’t supposed to do/stated to do the TTK didn’t change.

What changed was the amount of damage that got lost when you got off target.

The devs don’t only balance on data and have admitted as much in the past. They have flat out said feelings are part of their triangle. In fact, 2/3rds of their balance triangle is feelings.

They also have a history of nerfing counters to new heroes or heroes that might compete with the shine on the new hero.

Most likely these two were nerfed because they handled Sigma.

We don’t know that.

The devs may have seen higher damage numbers than expected and nerfed accordingly, without ever considering that those higher numbers might actually be ok.

The change to the consistency of the beams did reduce the TTK which seemed to have surprised them considering they nerf beams so fast.

They probably didn’t playtest enough the changes before putting them on the PTR and it took them a bit to realize beams were doing a bit too much damage.

Thats true until you consider that Bastion is PART of bunker, his role is to delete enemy shields to win the shield war fast and allow his team to do dmg while still protected, also Hi Sine!

Yea I know. I acknowledged this too.

uh…

Hello?

Technically yes, but it really won’t do anything.

I changed it in the first post.

I’ve not had problems with Bunker since well I’m a sombra main even though she’s not the best right now it kinda works.

Why would you ever use Zarya in Bunker??? Her place is in Rein/Sigma Deathball comps; maybe with Winston in some occasions. Not Bunker. Zarya is still plenty strong after this change; she just won’t do stupid damage after maintaining that charge in a “relatively” easy manner.

What I personally find confusing in this update are the changes to Symmetra without any sort of compensation to go along with it. She has very little range in comparison to Zarya’s beam and meanwhile, Moira has a 20 m range on her right click doing 50 dps with a more generous hitbox.

I’m well aware of this, which is why, ya know, I said she is the worst tank in bunker.

How would you know if there is any data to suggest Sym and Zarya are over-performing or not? They are still both powerful at high charge. The developers said they would tone them down if the bug fix they pushed made them feel too powerful. That is all they are doing.

It was a slight nerf actually

@OP. This is the way the game has always been balanced. The devs are making it up as they go.

Brigitte: hated so much that her voice actress gets bullied
Brigitte: no changes for almost a year

Symmetra: gets a big fix a year later
Symmetra: sledgehammer nerf a few weeks after

Why even bother fixing the bug then if they’re going to be dropped back down to the same power or lower? Literally just wasted effort.

They won’t be though. IDK if you played Sym or Zarya before the patch but I did and if your tracking was bad you could tell you were doing very little damage. This bug is still going to be fixed Zarya and Sym are still going to do 170 and 180 DPS which is still very high.

If this is how balance works now, reaper and hanzo are super annoying and zen and lucio are fine :wink: