So is this how we balance stuff now?

If that were true I’d expect a Hanzo nerf too. He got one less storm arrow which is a slap on the wrist. Not only do you see posts everyday from people who say Hanzo is annoying but he’s also really strong and has been for a long time. I think Saekuura might be right. There could be a clear bias on the part of the devs.

This is how Blizzard games have been balanced for 10 years. SC2, HotS…

You must be new here.

SO you’re over here telling me… that symmetra has not been an F tier hero since the release of overwatch, and she has been actually super godly, and deserves all the nerfs she’s gotten :hushed:

Still a net nerf though. I know it’s minor but did Bastion of all heroes need a nerf?

Bastion, Hanzo, and Symmetra all got nerfed…

Hanzo I get and approve of but it’s still a buff to shields.

And I don’t think shields needed this many indirect buffs.

Feels like they just nerfed anyone that can counter Sigma.

1 Like

Her history has nothing to do with her current balance, though.

I think Hanzo needed a different nerf. Storm arrows have been best used for breaking barriers since their damage nerf ages ago.

1 Like

I’m not going to claim any sort of intimate knowledge of Sym’s playability in the game, but I will still say I’d rather not see her nerfed. Heroes that excel at countering barriers are few and far-between, and I think it’s important to preserve the ones we have.

I was about to start trying to main Zarya too, dangit. But honestly I feel worse for Sym. The game needs Sym.

1 Like
4 Likes

Why would we assume that they have no data? We know they collect data on these things, and they most likely aren’t just rolling dice to make random changes while ignoring the data they have.

The previous changes went live, the accuracy and damage output of beams apparently exceeded expectations, and now they’re being adjusted to compensate.

1 Like

Shut up with your reason and logic, you! Ree, and stuff.

Same here, I’ve been playing a lot of Zarya lately too and she’s a ton of fun. I never thought they’d nerf her so fast especially since they already gave her nerfs in Goats.

Bit of both, most likely. Sigma is great and very powerful if used properly, but the only thing that even gives me trouble with him is a hyper-aggressive Zarya comp. They just push right past barriers and emplacements and bullrush you, and it works spectacularly well.

Against Symmetra, it’s often easier to distract with a barrier, recall it after a moment of her shooting it, then throw a big rock and a couple D12s at her. If she gets fully charged and in your face it can be tough to keep her away, but I mean, that’s a lot of work on Symmetra’s part, she’s also built in a way that Sigma has trouble dealing with (if she’s in his face) and presuming his team isn’t backing him up.

Soooooo…no legitimate reason for the nerfs whatsoever.

I completely expected it. I said it too. I said it to everyone! It was obvious. Also had a feeling Sigma’s primary did a little too much. >-> I was personally thinking slightly lowered primary and slightly increased accretion so he kept his combo. Lo and behold.

I rarely get the chance to tank. The few times I do tank, Orissa is fine if a bit dull. Rein I’m bad at, but still try. Zarya really felt interesting. Compelling, even. I wanted to try to get good with her because I see a lot of potential in her kit.

I probably will still play her intermittently in an effort to ease into getting good with her. But I still got some bad feels for, “Oh hey, that looks interesting…oh now it’s nerfed”.

Well Symm’s pick rate then went to 1,4% when theres a hero in the game with 21% pick rate LOL

1 Like

I would really love for them to tell us how much they improved. Because I know they did but it seems really odd for Sym to have improved so much. I’m not denying it’s true but If they don’t clue us in I can’t comment on it. I’ve been on here for ages saying I think Sym is ok. Even before here bug fix I thought she was ok…that’s not my issue here. I’m just afraid they are caving to the loud minority on these forums who cry for anything to be nerfed with no other reason than them being annoying. They did it with Sombra which I’m not mad about because I’ve accepted her as the communities punching bag…but if that starts branching out to other heroes? That’s scary.

“we”? all the backseating armchair expert game devs need to pipe down. you’re a player not a co creator, if you dont like the game then dont play it.

That would by definition include you, since you claiming that any opinions on the game devs are invalid because the game devs are thus beyond reproach is, itself, commentary on the devs and their ability. So take your own advice, maybe?

If you don’t like the discussion, then don’t read it.

1 Like

Great. So if they nerf your favorite hero to the ground because people find them annoying you can just go play another game. Sounds fun right?

1 Like

I think they’re making further adjustments parallel with the beam hit rate changes. I’d expect the characters to continue to be changed once the base of their main attack adjusted, they can change the strengths of the kits that build around it.