So is this how we balance stuff now?

There is no data to suggest Sym or Zarya are OP. The only arguments offered are that they are annoying. If that’s all it takes to nerf something I’m kinda scared to play this game now. Why spend any kind of emotional/time investment in a hero if that’s all it takes for blizzard to nerf them? What’s even worse is Zarya and Sym don’t have any cc abilities. That’s the major reason anyone uses to argue for nerfs on the basis of “annoying.” But now that’s thrown away and it’s just an arbitrary I don’t like this hero, and they get nerfed. You talk about stuff that kills the game…well this is it. This sets a very depressing precedent.

Edit: The devs might have data that show Sym and Zarya are OP. We do not have the data so this is speculation.

72 Likes

I have a strong feeling that the balance team is incredibly bias :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

64 Likes

Funny thing is, Zarya was probably the worst tank in bunker before the bug fix.

They’re also nerfing all the heroes who are good at breaking barriers.

38 Likes

Bastion got a buff didn’t he?

2 Likes

Overbuff is currently out of the action in comp so it’s hard to say much since Blizzard hides QP winrates but, you’ll notice Sym and Zarya’s QP pickrates both doubled.

How much of that is the bug fix buffing them vs how much is due to Sigma being in a ton of games is unclear.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the motto they’ve been going by for awhile. I am happy more people are now waking up to this.

1 Like

It looked very insignificant. Healing doesn’t consume resources while on full health? Sounds only useful during his ult. I’m no Bastion main though, so I wouldn’t know.

I’m just saying as a technical point. They did buff a character good at breaking barriers.

Granted he’s also oppressive behind barriers, so I’m not sure if that’s a net win or not.

Not really. His resource meter not going down when he’s full health…wow such a buff.

3 Likes

Do you disagree that it is a buff?

It does literally nothing so yep.

4 Likes

I hope you’re using the figurative definition of literal

These forums really are just denying reality now. Crazy.

I feel like every change these days is an indirect buff to bunker.

Global ult charge nerf is a win for bunker
Forced 2-2-2 is a win for bunker
Hanzo storm arrow nerf is a win for bunker
Sym beam damage nerf is a win for bunker
Sombra nerfs are a win for bunker

The only real nerf we’ve seen is Orisa’s 1 extra second on her barrier.

4 Likes

He also got a nerf to go with that joke of a buff. He can now preheal without consuming resources on full hp in anticipation of incoming damage…

But his animation cancel got removed so he can’t cancel his healing with firing anymore.

3 Likes

Ah I see. I didn’t realize the consequences of the second effect.

It’s a minor change either way

I have a strong feeling they have better data than us and collectively as a group, we can still tell it was too much.

I’m not lol. A resource meter not being used when a character is full health is not a buff because majority of people don’t use his heal when he’s full health.

1 Like

Blizzard has extensive data that they don’t share publicly.

2 Likes

how do you know there’s no data when you don’t have the same tools blizzard does?

Yeah, you are. See ya