So, if overwatch was to be built again?

Are just talking Overwatch Classic at this point?

The problem with Overbuff in higher ranks like Diamond+ isn’t just a lack of public profiles. That is part of it. But statistically you can probably overcome that except for the second problem which is selection bias. Which profiles are open isn’t random. Certain types of people are more likely to have an open profile and this biases the data. D.Va mains for example, on average, tend to be proud and open profile. Mauga mains not so much. And players who are more proud of their stats are more likely to show off. These things bias the data when the sample size is low.

Also, unfortunately, Overbuff seems to have bugs. Besides the fact that they haven’t added champion rank yet, I can get 3 different win rates and pick rates for the same hero over the same period of time at the same rank on the same platform. It’s not crazy different, but it’s different. And that alone erodes confidence.

And at least for GM you can easily disprove the Overbuff pick rates by doing the math yourself. Top 500 goes from Championship all the way into high masters.

Give Widowmaker Ashe’s kit. Ashe gets something completely new, I don’t know what, point is we no longer have to hinge Widow’s entire power budget on having a primary that can instantly kill people from ludicrous range.
Damage boosts no longer stack and only the highest damage boost is applied. Same for damage reductions, probably.
Tracer regularly receives meaningful balance changes (so would everyone else, but Tracer rarely ever even gets touched).
Don’t even ask me how to handle Brig launch differently.
OWL has a hero ban system, whether that’s pick/ban related or “every tournament has XYZ heroes” banned. Shakes up the OWL meta without drastically changing the rest of the game because 0.05% of the playerbase got a wacky Twitch clip.
Actually, nix OWL entirely and just support grassroots tournaments.
Sojourn railgun has reduced crit multiplier, or something, and address problems from there. I don’t know.
Mauga gets a new kit that does not revolve around “hold M1 and M2 on the enemy tank for 15 minutes”.
BPs are purchaseable whenever, but are half-off during their respective season, and only one pass can be worked towards at a time. I understand a live service game is going to need consistent revenue but perma-lock FOMO sucks and if we HAVE to include any FOMO at all to appease our corporate overlords then I’d rather it just be discounts.
Keep loot boxes, but they are not purchaseable and are just level up rewards.
If we move to 5v5, Ball and Doom move to DPS, or get similarly-playing heroes in the DPS category. Solo tanking as these guys feels simultaneously imdividual-reliant AND team reliant, and it feels miserable a lot of the time.
Venture now has dialogue referencing things other than rocks.
Illari gets lore and no longer feels like a ChatGPT fan hero concept out of complete left field.
Just as an experiment, remove SBMM and instead base MM around best network quality, and let the better players win. Even with SBMM in place it’s not like you don’t run into frequent stomps, so…
All OW2 hero releases get a dance emote you can purchase with credits.
Symmetra loses team-wide TP (can only use it for herself) and is thus no longer kept at a certain power level because OWL teams do funny taxi tricks maybe once a month but D.Va bomb teleport stays because it is absolutely hilarious
Jetpack Cat is playable.
Fortnite Default Dance is added as an emote to all characters.
I now have a self insert in the game’s lore who is married to Junker Queen and…

Over buff has access to that “full data” to. If it’s public it can be scrubbed via simple URL request.

I’m guessing were playing in the vacuum of space where theirs no buildings for widow to connect to. Because like it can connect to anything including the floor. And you can cancel it mid pull to maintain her momentum.

that and well you can hook mid air, you can’t jump out of a mid air slide. You need to be on the gound to do that.

I’m saying widow can by pass that downside in many cases using highground and corners to break los. So she can scope and charge without being shot at or seen by the enemy. Sojourn needs to maintain that LOS to charge her rail with damage.

Only if your deaf, you can hear were and what is going on around you. You will know if a genji is double jumping up next to regardless if you can see him or not.

hehehe I remember when everyone was talking about genji in the same way. press DM and missiles onto a sojourn and chase her with some rockets. And watch how little she actually gets to kill things. Or god for bid attempt to break LOS sight then punish her if she tries to push via tank tools, or just counter ulting.

They only use profile data. If a profile is private it’s not included.

The abilities are not comparable. I’m sorry to be rude but this is just silly.

If Widow didn’t need to scope for her 1 shot would she be buffed or nerfed?

No my dude they have access to anything that is public. You can get the get the spread sheets the official sites are providing simply by opening into them. Anything presented in the site is free game.

Because one is tide to a long range hero that only needs to be in the fight for short snippets of time. While the other is mid range fighter that needs mobility more consistently to not die because she needs to stay in LOS to get her best damage tools.

Eh yes to both. She needs to scope to get her long range shots consistently, without it hitting heads would be lot harder if not near impossible at her effective ranges. At the same time hitting short range head shots would be a breeze, be it her health pull and long cooldown mobility isn’t built to work in these scenarios.

tracer is the onyl thing i can in reality play effectively like her personality is just lovely while im in dps mode that is

Overbuff tracks profiles. If profiles are private they cannot pull data that’s why it’s incomplete data.

This entire thing is ridiculous. Sojourn is the best dps in the game with only Tracer being the other option. That’s why they’re the #1 and #2 in top 500. Widow, while must pick on her maps is not as strong as Sojourn overall.

Sojourn is simply a stronger hero outside of specific maps and it’s because her entire kit is stronger along with being less punishable. Accept it or don’t but that’s the reality of what the game is like in high ranks.

Except top 500 where a lot of that data can be scrubbed from other sources. Like I don’t understand why this specifically is hard to understand.

Even then sample sizes are a thing. You can’t sample the whole human race, but you can get a few hundred or thousand to send in for polls and or to pull from medical records. To get accurate results.

Her performance isn’t dramatically different then other heroes in her rank. She isn’t getting more kills then most other heroes of her rank. she is good, but like it’s maybe in the small precentile how good she is compared to other heroes.

Okay, gonna get real in-depth here - You asked for it. For context, as this would be moving forward with the heroes we actually know, I will be including Space Ranger. If we’re considering this a ‘relaunch’, it’d make sense to include her, as she’s coming pretty soon anyway.

Sticking with the 5v5 format, as Blizzard will die on this hill, so I’m just gonna keep it as is for convenience.

1 Tank, 2 Damage, 2 Support. Like we have now.

However.

Supports are now split into two sub roles: Healers and Guardians. And all Support heroes now get reworked to be one or the other.

How this would work is you’d queue for Support and would then select either Healer or Guardian; when you load into a match, depending on which you selected, half the roster would be greyed out like they are already.

The Healers would consist of:

• Ana
  • Baptiste
  • Iliari
  • Kiriko
  • Mercy
  • Moira

The Guardians would consist of:

• Brigitte
  • Lifeweaver
  • Lucio
  • Space Ranger*
  • Symmetra
  • Zenyatta

Healers would function as Supports tend to now. They’re the backbone of your team - They actively restore HP to allies and have some offensive and defensive utility where appropriate, and have offensive Support ults that either buff their allies or allow them to do their own jobs more effectively.

Guardians, however, are purely Utility oriented. Healing would be little to non-existent on these heroes. Guardians are there to effectively serve as a Backline Tank, providing protection from damage and offensive and defensive buffs to help reduce TTK and keep allies in the fight longer, but also having the benefit of being able to bail out and box with your Tank. If Tanks are about creating space, Guardians are about moving through that space, providing useful and powerful utilities to your front line whilst also having the ability to peel for the back line. To compensate for their low to no healing output, they’d have higher than average Support damage values and have defensive ultimates that provide either a truck load of healing or a big burst of protection, or ways to instantly provide constant and long lasting utilities to your team.

In terms of the Role Passive, Guardians would have the same Role Passive as the Supports as they are still part of the Support Role, so there’d be no need to give them something else.

I should also mention that every single Support Hero would be reworked to better fit their new roles. Mercy would have better ways of healing and more ways to heal, as an example, without losing her core identity. Even with just a single designated Healer on the team, the Healers and Guardians would be balanced in a way that they all work well together and have synergies with each other so your team isn’t losing out on the combined Support impact.