So I was just reported for Hacking

So I am confused, I just played Symmetra in a comp (low Bronze for several Seasons, don’t care, i play for Fun)and one of the enemy Team just told me my turrets would go through walls. Is there a known issue where that happens or was this guy just ranting? I’m now concerned if there might be a Bug or issue with that, before I continue playing her in comp and somebody else has that happening to him or her. I never cheated and never used exploits or the like and want to keep it that way.

2 Likes

An occasional idiot reporting you won’t get you banned.

I’m not aware of such a bug, but I don’t follow symmetra closely. If you want you can try to reproduce it in a custom game.

1 Like

Thank you. I made screenshots of offering to send me the Video, since he said he recorded it and told him to send it to Blizz if that was the case.

The report won’t go anywhere, you’re fine, and there are already clips out there of the turrets behaving oddly. Don’t stress.

2 Likes

to be frank, 90% of reports go straight to Blizzar TM official trash bin

1 Like

The bug is a thing, but not really duplicatable (which is why blizzard is having such a hard time removing it) so you can’t be using it on purpose. One match of reports for accidentally causing the bug won’t go anywhere

2 Likes

ive seen another post on here showing on some maps her turrets will go through some walls… it is not a hack and you can not control it. As long as you are not intentionally throwing the turrets where you know they will go into the wall then you should be fine

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this too where her turrets will sometimes kill me around corners.

1 Like

Don’t bother. Blizzard does not accept screen shots as proof.

Symmetra main weapon, secondary weapons, turrets killing around corners. They ALL happen. Bugs? Lag? Couldn’t tell you.

1 Like

It’s a known bug so you’re fine. Worst case scenario you’d be using Symm in hope your turrets bugged, but even if that was the case if Blizz thought it was severe enough to ban exploiters they’d disable Symm until she’s fixed.

1 Like

Thank you all. I was really concerned about that. I didn’t even realize there was an issue till today.

1 Like

We’re here to help whenever we can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes there is a Bug, I was playing on Oasis in Comp and one of symmetra’s turret was stuck inside a wall.

I actually had a teammate yelling at me for purposefully recasting my turrets when they got stuck in walls.

:joy: wow thats hilarious

1 Like

“You f***ing idiot!! You had a turret shooting at both sides of the wall and you went and f***ed it up!”
That’s not what the turret is supposed to do, though.
“That’s why it was an advantage you dumbf***”

Ok then…

1 Like