So, I tried 1/3/2

Everyone’s opinions are from a bias. I’m certainly not alone in my opinion though. It would appear that a majority dislike 1/3/2.

What pressure?

The only times I can think of when there is really pressure on the DPS is when there’s a Pharah or there’s a Reaper. Other than that, DPS can be as useless as they like if the tanks can do enough damage. In low ranks the DPS are definitely the least important people on the team.

seeing people say “but you came in with expectations” as though it’s not human nature of course one would or something… Ok then

2 Likes

I’m reading the feedback from the devs.
Much as I would like to see it in place, it isn’t going to go though.

Yeah, shockingly (sarcasm), it just went back to how things are, with tank and supports queues flipped.

Almost like all the folks who predicted that playing support in 1-3-2 were on to something :roll_eyes: And I’m willing to bet that tank queue is still inflated from people trying the changed tanks.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with the OP, as overall 3/2/1 has been a really bad overall experience for me and tons of other people… I would even call it terrible from every aspect even if you’re playing Tank (they’re the ones who have to deal with long queue times now as well) and just a tad bit better if you’re playing Support…

Hope this change doesn’t go through and it thankfully won’t, as long as devs act logically and realize that it’s not worth it ruining the experience of so many Tank and even Support players (as if they already weren’t in a bad enough state already) and sacrificing the arguably great overall state Overwatch has been at for the past weeks for the sake of catering to the same old DPS players, due to the behaviors of many of which, systems such as role - lock had to be implemented in the first place so many months ago…

1 Like

I like playing as off tank too =\ ie the Zarya that peels with bubbles, body blocks for rein etc =\

2 Likes

Actually, as tank, it is one of the best experiences ive had in the game. The idea of a big beefy hero is awesome.

The OP already went in it with a negative mindset. Also probably relies on “offtanks” to much. Needs to change their point of view of what “tanks” are as heros.

1 Like

Offtanks are not needed. You also need to remember, the opposing team woud only have one “tank” hero too.

Just NO.

g0ddamn20characters

that picture of the queue times posted to reddit is absolute BS, see for yourself in game. the vast majority of time the queue times are 3 2 2. im like 80 games into the experimental card and ive only seen high dps Qtimes once

if you think healers dont like this mode, just ask an ana or zen player, its crazy fun. if your tank doesnt like this mode i bet they play rein and expect everyone to be grouped like in 2-2-2. switch it up to find out what works. right now one of the tanks is unstoppable if played right, one more is near unstoppable and several are viable with different strategies. play more games of this mode and youll know which tanks im talking about

1 Like

I like to call it “The team that has the better Widow wins 2, Electric Boogaloo” because a good Widow is actually ridiculously strong in that.
You don’t have a second tank that can dive her with your other dive DPS. If your dive tank goes for her, you’re done for because now you’re easy targets for the enemy team.
And she can continue to happily pick off her targets while the other two DPS on her team don’t even have to do much. They just have to harass the enemy a little until they peak. It’s a terrible experience and I don’t understand how anyone could ever like it.

4 Likes
3 Likes

The psychoanalysis in this post fails to take in to account the heroes OP plays yikes

Solo tanking sucks for the vast majority of tank players. Including me, and I hate playing Reinhardt and prefer aggro dive comps.

7 Likes

Wow who would have thought that tanking in 1-3-2 would be a nightmare?

Oh wait I did.

3 Likes

Widow mains could like it. The mode is completely effortless for them. Hanzo mains too.

For real, so many times I try to have fun on this mode with Honest Hardworking Man 76 before me and my entire team gets one-shot and I’m back to “Hanzo or defeat” jail.

Yet that’s where the pressure is highest. Not saying so much pressure as in need to carry, moreso in terms of how their team pressure them.

From what I’ve seen (and played, I’m a lower ranked dps), the lower you go, the more your tanks and healers expect you to be Carpe.

1 Like

i felt like a raid boss on zarya, your solo tank could hard carry in the game, went against a gm on sigma and had a feeding hog as my tank, never been so tilted in that gamemode

Well, you are given big gun for a reason.

1 Like

Yeah but my big gun only does so much against solid, shiny… whatever the hell barriers of made of. Energy? Light? Idk.

It’s also easier to heal someone than to hit them!