So I played Tracer all of yesterday and today and

Oh wise one, they certainly don’t use statistics as their primary means of judging nerfs and buffs, that’s for sure. They focus first apparently on a down-the-line balancing with new characters coming in, that seems to be their biggest focus. "balance by stats’ is not all they use, even Jeff said some it is purely subjective community sentiment they use in making decisions.

I think both of you give them too much credit. Blizzard has been known to make balance changes based on mob rule. Sombra, Sym, etc

As is OBVIOUSLY the case as shown with brig and sigma instantly being meta getting slap on the wrist nerfs after release. And not changing anything with a new character and 222 being introduced into the game as well.

Also please quote where I said it was their primary means of balancing.

There are three options:

1. Nerf burst damage and healing for every applicable hero
  2. Buff sustained dps for every applicable hero (oh god please no)
  3. Introduce a new mechanic that negates some amount of healing for a very short duration after taking damage (won’t make sustained damage any stronger in a duel and won’t make healing any less effective against burst damage)

I like option 3 but I’d settle for option 1.

I want option 3. I posted a suggestion for this myself back in February, but I doubt Blizzard will ever introduce such a mechanic. :pensive:

I read your post and I’d do it differently.

1. Forget only specific heroes having it and maintaining accuracy to proc it. Every instance of damage would apply the effect, but the brief duration would make it negligible for snipers and such.
  2. Have a healing threshold to cleanse the antiheal, which I’d call an underheal (a reverse overheal). The threshold scales with the damage dealt but the duration is the same. I think the threshold should decay over that duration instead of going away all at once, but the latter is an option. I’m unsure if the antiheal should be partial or absolute since healers would still have a way to break through it.

Yeah, maybe it needs a different approach than what I’ve pitched. But I do agree something needs to be done.

tracer is a member of the “can’t do anything against double shield and reaper/mei” crowd that plagues a lot of the cast

It’s just another one of those buffs that’s going to come back to haunt us when she’s finally meta again in the future. Zero forethought.

Recall is what makes her the most Overpower hero in the history of the game prior to Doom and Brigg the fact that she can literally teleport to her opponent to bring them down to half hp recall after getting even close to dying and them come back to finish the job because supports can watch every angle is what makes her broken. And she does this every game to everyone.

News Flash Flanker DPS You’re not supposed to get away with fighting 1v6 if that’s how you want to play load up Bots

1 Like

I’m not a Tracer main, but I’ve been able to use her far more effectively since the buff. I can actually do something other than be annoying, which I found very difficult before the patch unless the enemy team was just atrociously bad.

If anything Tracer is a soft counter to both Reaper and Mei. These heroes don’t bother her.

Double barriers also don’t impact her directly, however they do cut off her teammates’ ability to provide focus fire, and that can certainly hurt her at times. But her main struggle with barriers is more of a result of Winston also being bad.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::confused::unamused::disappointed:

Alright…

You take prior to this buff Tracer, and you sit at 13m away from your target, and you dump clips. Now, post buff, you’ll notice there is a SLIGHT increase in damage. VERY SLIGHT. The reason being is that the spread at that range is SIGNIFICANT.

So while the few bullets that do land do slightly more damage, you’re still missing the majority of your bullets.

Sombra has a max spread of 2.7 degrees. 76 has a max spread of 2.4. Tracer has a max spread of 3.6. Now look at how people will talk about Sombra and 76’s spreads, and look at how they talk about Tracer’s. Many people have wanted more of a decrease to the spreads of Sombra, to that of 76, etc, etc.

Then you look at these recent comments on this forum regarding this buff and people be acting like Tracer is some untouchable killing machine sniping people from across the map with her new found fall off.

I think a lot of people here have no idea what the difference between 7 and 14 meters is in this game. Or the difference between 10 and 20 meters. Like on paper they know there’s a difference, but spatially in game they have no clue. They know there’s a difference but they have no idea where one ends and the other begins.

If you’ve played Tracer for a long enough time, you know that 1 blink is basically 7m, and thus 2 is 14m, and you are intimately familiar with these distances, etc.

Her gaining a couple extra meters before fall off kicks in, due to the nature of her spread, makes VERY VERY little difference. Esp when everyone is ADAD crouch spamming like they should. Tracer was able to do all the stuff she she is now before the buff. Only now, there is just a slightly little more reward.

The fearmongering and just straight up hysteria on this forum is unbelievable.

4 Likes

been hitting 4200 with one tricking tracer while she was considered OP. Let me tell you she still sucks vagena after this buff. Maybe some pros find out that Winston and D.Va works again in a competitive environment. That could make her viable again. Otherwise against Road, Orisa, moira, lucio and dps of your choice she still sucks. And I have the feeling that this will be the next meta on ladder.

2 Likes

Tracer was only at her strongest during dive, she was never 1 v 6, she literally had the whole team diving with her, sometimes with Genji, or with Widowmaker accompany her in long range distraction, other time with Pharah and Mercy, and always with winston, dva etc.

1 v 6 is just forum tracer.

3 Likes

She is supposed to be a glass Canon.

1 Like

And she was at one time. Now she’s just glass. She too frequently dies before having the opportunity to contribute any value. Personally I don’t blame her survivability specifically but others may disagree.

Then again improving her survivability would be one option to give her more opportunities to contribute value, so I suppose that idea does have merit.

if you want to dps you need to play moira. that is how bad the game has sunk.

How can you say that she’s trash O.O i also played her yesterday and i totally burned down almost the entire team.

She’s so good now and i love that they gave this buff to her. She’s one of my mains.

Damn. You burned down the entire team and all that you needed to do it was a 3m lenience in fall off? Impressive.

Or… More realistically… Bull…

But hey, we’ll never know.