So from this set up, what would you upgrade first?

Intel i5 8400
Gtx 1060 6gb
8GB RAM (using 1/4 slots)

I was thinking In buying the RTX 3070 whenever it comes out and whenever if has stock, but for later on next year, so I for now I think I should upgrade RAM, is that good?

And if I upgrade RAM, should I buy another stick of 8 or 2 sticks of 4? Should I put them in the same channel or in another channel?

Thanks for the answers in advanced :slight_smile:

(I need to get consistent 144fps)

I would consider investing in better RAM first, followed possibly by upgrading your CPU to a i7. Remember that if you do choose to get new RAM it should match the make and model of your existing RAM if you’re choosing to add to it or you will need to replace the sticks entirely. Mixing different sticks of RAM often causes a lot of computer errors and game crashes.

One thing to note is that Overwatch in its current state is not necessarily required to have a full-fledged 30X0 RTX card so consider that only if you have other games that really need it, but if you are looking to upgrade your GPU, even going up to the 20X0 series of RTXs well very likely deliver a huge change in your overall video game experience.

If you’re looking to get more consistent FPS with your current setup, be sure to check out my performance guide in the tech support form:

1 Like