So Blizzard does hate Tank Players

The biggest problem in the game, is, and has been, people trying to do things on their own. When the DPS is off chasing their PoTG, the tanks get shredded. TBH no buff or nerf is going to affect the game in a more negative way than people not grouping up, trickling, and not having the whole group pounce on the reaper as soon as you see him.

I lose way more games due to my own team’s idiocy because they flank on non flanking classes or because of snipers having garbage target priority than anything else.

If “But they’re tanks” is an acceptable argument for tanks being able to sponge absurd amounts of damage and occupy space preventing the enemy from moving up without tanks of their own then “But they’re DPS” should also be an acceptable argument for DPS heroes being able to walk up to a tank and down them.

Seriously, the job of a DPS hero is to kill everything that gets put infront of them, whether that’s a tank, support or enemy DPS shouldn’t matter, they should be dying if they enter that DPS’ range alone, Blizzard should make it so other DPS pose a threat to tanks as Reaper and a supported Bastion do currently.

you’re still not thinking right.
the issue lies in that reaper will win 100% of the fights he gets in. I have zero issue with a mccree killing a tank because I know that he was simply better or in the right place at the right time

2 Likes

lower sr will almost never be as coordinated as higher Sr and there is no change blizzard can do that will make it more coordinated

I honestly don’t know what the point of this reaper buff actually was.

In OWL level, There MIGHT come a specific situation where he’s now the viable choice for a replacement of one of the tanks in goats.

IN GM to diamond, Reaper’s still garbage.

In plat, He’s slightly better

In gold and below, now he’s a nightmare to deal with.

So basically it ended up making him slightly better for high tier and very very scary for low tier.

He’s not even stopping goats either. The goats is kind of dying out as the meta by d.va and brig’s nerf. Tracer’s just doing that job on her own. Not to mention the armor nerf.

Reaper’s change was just a weird and useless change.

5 Likes

blizzards balancing is better than most other games with similar complexity. but they assume people play the game “right”

people don’t though

tanks suicide and dps

healers dps and flank

dps think they’re rambo and play 1v6 the whole time

of course the games not balanced for that…

1 Like

Sums it up. It’s the devs that make me not wanna play this game, not the game itself. They only half listen to what people say and then make it so it suits them (OWL) instead of the main players base. They don’t address problems properly and instead make something new to ignore it or nerf something that doesn’t address the problem at all. Either way the problem is still there and they’ve gutted a lot of characters.

4 Likes

Is it weird that I’ve never ran out of likes?

I guess it was something to subtly destroy goats. Not that ive seen it. but yeah the youtube vids justify it

I’ve started playing more and more Zen which is a support I saw less and less of recently, but he seems like a key to dealing with the Reaper problem right now. It’s definitely true, Blizzard went WAY overboard with the lifesteal buff, he is now winning 3v1 fights because unless you have a one-shot kill ability or a discord on him, he is just in god mode pretty much.

I’ve watched him fully tank a Whole Hog and still kill the Hog. I’ve watched him just delete a Winston during his ult. I’ve watched him be at 30 HP and OFFENSIVELY engage because he knows he will heal so much on his very first shot. Nobody should be ever engaging that low on HP, that should be an easy free kill, but it’s not with this Reaper buff.

Getting him discorded and stunned is pretty much the only counter.

Actions speak louder then words.
They release Brigg, tanking sucks worst then it ever has.

They buff reaper, the devs out do themselves in making playing tanks as painful as possible.

Thanks OWL for making the game a better place for regular players!

6 Likes

I dont think its hate
They just know that there is more dps players, so they wona make happy as many people as possible.

1 Like

Trying to make a majority happy is how you completely ruin a game’s balance.

Im not sure, actualy it depends how you look at things to be honest
Also pros gona be happy i guess they can go snipers even more.

Blizzard don’t hate anyone, stop being drama queens.
They just don’t know how to efficiently balance their game, that’s the long and short of it.

They don’t hate tank players.
They don’t pander to DPS players.
They’re not out to specifically make the lives of certain hero mains miserable.

They’ve painted themselves into a corner and don’t know how to get out.

1 Like

Tanks need the best nerfs they can get, they can outclass dps and still absorb snipers headshots. Look into the direction of Zarya for further balance changes.

1 Like

And who’s fault is that? Who would actually expect team of 6 strangers to have coordination and communication of OWL team?

You balance game around realistic scenarios, not “perfect conditions” that will never be seen in 99% of the game.

3 Likes

Activision’s apathy (Blizzard exists in name only) may sometimes be misinterpreted as hate. I personally think it is more accurate to think they don’t care about anyone but the money they grab from their players. And people seem to buy the lootboxes regardless of the state of the game so there is no incentive to care about their players.

Well, there are already talks about Overwatch not bringing enough revenue, so they may have to do something eventually.

yeah maybe actually trying to play the game it was meant to be played being a realistic scenario is asked too much

i mean just playing the roles you pick, that’s it.

you can’t blame a company for designing bad lawnmowers when people try to paint their rooms with them instead of cutting grass