So at what point

The thing is, you are also likely having a throw stack on enemy team and get a free win. Smurfs dont impact your winrate. They just make your game experience worse.

1 Like

Not for the 4 week period I was tracking them.

And as I said, was 170 games. Isn’t that a big enough sample size in which to be permabanned if you’re throwing 2/3 of those games?

But how do you detect them throwing? Their modus operandi was to carry the game until just before the win was sealed.

So their stats, again tracked on Omnicmeta, were pretty much all in the top 1% of every metric. As far as an automated system is concerned, they played their socks off and were just unlucky to lose.

I think that PS4 players just so disillusioned that they don’t bother reporting anymore. I reported a 3 stack of throwers, all with “throw” in their name and never heard back on any action.

What’s interesting is that all these throwers opened up their profiles, making it super obvious they’re throwing. They’re super brazen as they know reporting system is broken, on PS4 at least.

really helpful info here that I just read the entire thing, lots of good changes coming soon :cat:

Jeff stated in an interview with Seagull that 222 patch will have some sort of smurf tracker to deal with them. he talked about it quite a bit, bud sadly i cannot find the clip, it’s somewhere in the middle of an hour and half interview

1 Like

Lmfao, do you really think people didn’t know how to use scatter by the end of season 2?

Have you considered sending some VOD review videos?

Locked Roles Helps tremendously with the smurf issues since you have to que for X role on the account and can’t just hop in on a throw account without it being limited to the primary smurf role

Honestly I have a feeling it will get worse now.
Blizzard just invalidated, dps/tank/support only accounts that people were using to rank a role without hurting their main.
Now those accounts will be used to troll and smurf.

Or they just won’t be used at all?