Snipers are making Quick Play unbearable

False.
Aim is the only thing she need.
You can see it in any good player video. They don’t do anything other than shoot everything they see.

I had a widow on the enemy team that was really good, kept killing me when I was Ana, repeatedly had to crouch spam. I switched off Ana and picked Mercy instead, last team fight I got valk and killed her so she wouldn’t annoy us any longer c:

Just done some QP matches, every one of them had either a Widow, Hanzo or Ashe, with often cases of there being two or three of those named. It’s like people seem to think it’s a CoD frag-match or something, particularly when I notice these players rarely if ever even go close to the payload.

The biggest adverse effect this is having is that it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find people who play tanks and healers. I can literally lock in Zen right at the start and watch every other player pick a DPS, often with multiple snipers. then I sit back and laugh to myself when they all get headshot by the enemy snipers and we lose the point/payload progress, etc because nobody’s thought about actually playing the game mode.

I’m really hoping the rise in snipers recently is due to kids in my region being on holiday, and when those holidays are over, there’s a chance of getting some more sensible comps back. I’m also hoping it’s not because all the tank and support players are fed up with patch after patch making their lives a living hell, and simply playing something else.

moira shuts down genji, on every rank

it is , when every complaint aganst hard to kill heros is play hanzo or widow
click her head

Welcome to 3600 ranked matches, same quality matches as qp.

I came into this thread thinking we were going to complain about the triple instalock snipers on our own teams lol

1 Like

Then dont stand near her.

And no, its not a comparison.

it is qm, he will never switch.

Nope

Try scoping at a Soldier that’s pumping bullets into you. Aim gets punched as you get hit, but resets to its original location soon after. Therefore, fully auto weapons cause up and down vibrations on Widow.

That’s what it looks to you (certainly because it’s the most impressive part). Nobody speaks what he constantly thinks in his mind while he plays, but you sure can see his god flicks on screen.

Having good aim is a necessity to play Widow, but not a compensation to other skills.

I will even give you a famous example of a Widow streamer: Kephrii

Watch some of his matches on Youtube. You notice there are delicate details to where he stands, who he shoots, his callouts and communications to his team, ability management, and team strategies, even if he doesn’t necessarily verbalize most of them.

To statement “All Widow needs is aim” is far beyond delusional. And once again I will say that even if that statement was true, aim is not a skill you can acquire easily. Aim alone still needs hundreds of hours of practice to demonstrate consistency.

Hate to break it to you, but snipers were always popular in this genre. In Overwatch, snipers were almost always picked in QP since day 1, even during the time when both of them were F-tier.

Ashe and Ana are more like marks(wo)men. They can’t immediately pick someone off like a traditional sniper, but they get more freedom of mobility while shooting.
Unlike a nearly stationary Widowmaker.
Hanzo is all 'round weird. He’s the missing link between a marksman and a sniper. He gets the best from both worlds at the cost of consistency.

moira? 20m range a 6s movement ability and damage orb

I usually switch to Winston if the other team is full of these but yeah it sucks when your team stacks like 3+ snipers. Few are any good - not sure how you are encountering so many marksmen.

If snipers in your games are that oppressive, you need coordination to counter them. You’re not normally going to find that in QP so

USE LFG!!!

This feature seems to be forgotten, or at least it’sfor more than comp. I regularly use it for just playing QP and always have a good time, win or loss.

Then dont play genji.

This thread is about snipers, hun.

isnt genji the best sniper counter? :slight_smile: #destroyed

Nope :slight_smile:

L2 switch :slight_smile:

i hve no idea what that means

1 Like

Shame :slight_smile: