Snipers are making Quick Play unbearable

I found another way to counter her, but that’s really situational. When she Blinks close to me to actually bait my Flashbang, I bodyshot her and melee. So the last shot will kill her. With this state of her health she recalls and with the melee attack the animation in her eyes look like I’m about to throw my Flashbang. She recalls. In this situation two things may happen. She doesn’t go near me again until she get another recall for safe comeback or she try to kill me anyway. If her third Blink is within 3 seconds then it’s 100% sure if I throw my Flashbang she will be pinned down and then headshot her. After learning this they don’t dare to get close to me. Alternatively if her health is around 50 and she decides not to recall I can afford to FTH because she will either die or recall. If recalls, then I will have plenty of time reloading right after a FTH. Even more alternatively, someone with squishy 200 health, I can fan with 2-3 bullets, then cancel the unload process with a Flashbang and then the headshot finishes the squishy enemy off.

1 Like

When did I say my team lost?

No I’m talking about incompetent tanks & dps that feed the other team’s widow in QP. Sometimes you have to take matters in your own hands. & I like that comment from Irres about me being the reason my team lost lol. If there are other supports on my team, I can venture out to take out a widow that’s destroying us. He must main Genji.

The game has basically turned into Sniperwatch.
I only play quickplay(never touched comp) and I’ve noticed that everytime the snipers are the first heroes picked.
It’s always a team of Hanzo/Widow/Ashe and Ana. I prefer snipers myself but I can definitely see it being a problem in every single match.

2 Likes

Right. Also, because it’s QP, if your team isn’t working together to kill the sniper, their team probably isn’t working together to protect them either. Spending a game hunting snipers using flankers or dive tanks is one of my favorite things. My next favorite thing is getting hate messages from them raging at me for “targeting” them. I save those. They make me happy to read later.

1 Like

In this game, you will die to something eventually.

I usually have Genjis yell at me for apparently always killing them. Which is sad but funny.

1 Like

Depends on the map just like any character for the most part, but I feel for ya. having a good widow on the enemy team in Gibraltre is very oppressive trying to take the high ground from her. There’s not many good solutions, but having rein helps alot I’ve made great widowmakers absolutely useless switching off dps and going rein.

This is a serious problem in QP, I hope the team read this, it ruins all the experience. Please do something.

1 Like

Just learn to kill the sniper???

That’s not the problem guys.
Even if you know how to counter a sniper, the problem is that in QP you are forced to do that all the time. The game is boring because you always have Widow-Hanzo-Ashe to play against while it would have been much more funny to have some variety.

And if that widow is good that’s going to be boring because she is going to decimate your team.

The same apply if that widow is in your own team. Same s**t all the time.

I’m gonna dump this here. It’s a thread I just made. I suggest you give it a read.

A good sniper will not stay in the same place for long, get a kill or 2 and move on, so you often can’t just pump loads of bullets their way.

You won’t know where a good widow is until she makes the shot, that could be 6 vs 5 at that point.

Zen is very slow and is more likely to get headshot before he kills the sniper.

Lucio can be annoying but to be a true pain to Widow he needs to be away from his team and close to her, otherwise his main fire is just too weak and slow.

Mercy shooting at widow? I think 9/10 times it will result in Mercy dying.

Immortality field will get shot by the Widow if it isn’t perfectly placed, even then all that does is it groups up the enemy into one place, might make a snipers job easier, especially hanzo’s ultimate.

The hate is due to range, no fall off, max power any distance and then you have teams with 2 snipers but their skill lever isn’t enough to be useful, they won’t switch though, they will just continue to be a burden to the team, the hate isn’t so much for the heroes/class it’s the people who choose to play them and generally dps players who will not flex, switch, change hero, whatever you wish to call it.

So should we start removing CC heavy heroes because essentially, they make it a problem in QP too? Let’s not be biased here.

1 Like

I never talked about removing anything, just asked to do something against a problem. Do you play QP often?

I generally only play QP, yes.

TF2 got around the sustained damage vs. healing issue by reducing the healing players receive when under attack.

I’m not sure how well this would work for Overwatch because of how easily heroes like Tracer can deal scratch damage, but a variation of this mechanic might be worth considering.

Not by choice. I usually fill :confused:

Threads like this are becomming more common. I am clearly not the only one with this complaint and it clearly needs to be addressed by Blizzard.

Always fun to play sniperwatch when the better widow dictates the whole game. No, they cannot get dived because there’s also bunch of other dps with them ready to destroy the dive tanks in an instant and there’s always a pocket mercy available for them too.

Add in bunch of smurfs and it becomes unbearable.

that is exactly the point though. “You as a single player.” This is a team-game. And if you grab some friends, for example you can get some coordination. get a d.va to dive with you with defense matrix, it’ll keep you alive during your jump. Get a genji to jump with you, as this tends to be how dive works. Use your bubbles effectively, with an ana burst-healing you (or a well-placed nano) and you will beat squishies up.
The nature of the game, is that it is a team-game. Playing as a team, makes the game a lot more difficult for snipers to get value. I flex to a lot of heroes, sometimes snipers as well, also tanks, supports, anything. When I play sniper, I have godlike games where I’m allowed to do what I want. But when the enemy team starts focusing me, my value diminishes extremely fast. And if done well, forces me to swap to a different hero (as the game is intended to be played).
To reiterate what other people have already said, the issue here is how people play quickplay, not how snipers are designed.