Smurfs Have Destroyed Competitive

Possibly OW2 or later. So… what he really means by that is, they can only fix smurfing in OW1 when the capital to do so is raised in OW2. Fixing smurfs in OW2 will be an entirely different conversation. So in other words, they’ll only fix it when a new revenue stream takes it’s place.

Sounds whole lot like NOT FIXING IT to me.

2 Likes

It’s Blizzard. They don’t need to raise capital like an indie company would have to.

Overwatch and Overwatch 2 will share the same game client. Overwatch 2 will not be taking the place of Overwatch. It’s more of an expensive content unlock than anything else.

Of course you’d say that. Gotta keep those conspiracy theories flowing, after all.

Yes, they’re a huge corporate giant, but they have a Profits Bottom Line they wish to reach. Same principle.

Overwatch 2 WILL share the same game client, that’s true. But not right away.

It’s not a conspiracy theory when literally hundreds of vocal consumers are raging about it, not even considering the thousands of silent majority.

2 Likes

Yes, right away.

When Overwatch 2 is released, Blizzard stated there will be an update for the Overwatch client that will basically be re-downloading the game to facilitate the shared client as well as the updated graphics and new game mode Push for Overwatch as well as Overwatch 2.

I don’t currently throw games to get down to a lower level, and i don’t play on the account to purposefully ez clap people on pharah. So i don’t consider that a smurf. People that have thrown games to get their SR down to bronze are smurfing, not people who buy new acocunts to play other heroes that aren’t high level.