Smurfs and Cheaters

Go to Blizzard and do it yourself in that case. It’s always people with 0 knowledge of coding that say things like this.

Paying 5 bucks for a VPN doesn’t sound hard to me.

1 Like

Just finished a game, with not just a normal cheater but full on Rage cheater, the aimbot was ridiculous and the walls were obvious from before the game even starts.

Whats even more frustrating is when you say something, then you instantly become the “toxic” person and blah blah blah it just becomes a “you’re just bad” and “you’re just a whinner”/“mad cuz bad” While his team instantly defends him and there mercy basically spends the entire game dmg buffing them.
Would love to post a link to the you tube video I just uploaded of it but I can’t post link in the forum.
Title is:
Overwatch Rage hacking Widowmaker (MAGICREFUNDS) with walls 2022 OW Aimbot
Replay code in video description

4 Likes

Well then, how do you deal with people living in dorms? From my own experiences, dorm IPs are often shared (I think… I haven’t been in a US dorm for like 2 years now).

And the whole idea about 1 copy giving multiple OW accounts on consoles? That is actually out of Blizzard’s hand since it ties to the system of family sharing. So it is on Xbox and Playstation side to create a workaround for this.

And also, I can just spend $5 for NordVPN per month if I want to run a couple of different accounts.

I’m a software engineer with over a decade of experience in the field, so don’t project a lack of experience just because you find something difficult to understand.

Plus, I’ve already offered multiple options to help mitigate this issue, two of which require nothing outside of regular SDLC work. This isn’t a matter of development expertise, but rather an issue of product ownership. Blizzard isn’t prioritizing this as an MVP issue - or if they have they’re remaining oddly tight-lipped about it - and until they do it’ll remain one of the game’s biggest problems.

Besides, have you seen the news in the past two years? There’s nothing that could convince me to start working at Blizzard. I’m happy to give my two cents free of charge.

2 Likes

It’s an online FPS. This is how it always has been and always will be. 14 year old Jimmy doesn’t care in the slightest about the games integrity when he googles for Overwatch cheats. There is a huge percentage of people who play games who would even think cheating is funny and it is not a big deal. It’s even worse now than ever before thanks to esports and game streaming. There is so much money to be made with no real life consequence.

If you care about playing a match against other people that is fair and legitimate than online gaming is not for you. It never has been and never will be.

I feel such a strong need to reiterate this.

One of the earlier posters mentioned having smurf/cheaters every round, except for the one round they won … come on.

I love that even an aimbot that’s perfectly tracking Hanzo’s head still somehow misses it. When are they going to fix the bobble head crap?

Three comp games in a row getting completely rolled by new bronze accounts playing like pros.
Just keep repeating how smurfs aren’t a problem, or that “yOu’Re tHe ReaSOn YoU CaNT CLiMb”

2 Likes

MagicRefunds #1863 aint no ones noob

jk that was ridiculous

smurfs arent so much of a problem as cheaters and hackers are like today ive seen what looked like a aimbotting 76 also had game crash twice for no reason luckily it was during a skirmish

they dont care because more accounts equals more money

What have they done exactly? I’ve never seen any evidence of them addressing it at all. At absolute best I’ve seen what you’ve quoted there… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: