Smurfing is cheating, change my mind

So if I was to make 10 accounts and not throw any games, you’d be okay with that? Because then I wouldn’t be engaging in “the whole point of smurfing.”

I did. My opinion has not changed.
Now what?

2 Likes

I believe Blizzard themselves reported that they had sold 40 million copies of the game by May 2018.

Edit: Jeff himself says it in this developer update:

If you made accounts didnt throw you would be playing at your level, its when ppl throw to constantly drop down its wrong

At that point, the problem is throwing, not being a lower rank than someone should. Still isn’t “cheating.”

Oof. I’m having a lot of trouble believing that.

If you havent thrown to get to the rank you are playing at the correct lvl, so if a masters player got a new account where would he place without throwing?

its only cheating for the first hundred matches therefore its not cheating
-blizzard

ps: we like money

4 Likes

Most pro players I’ve seen do unranked to GM streams have placed around mid plat.

See, if you knew the first thing about any of this, you’d know that the first 25 levels have absolutely no effect on your placements.

This is also bullsh*t (as well as a popular conspiracy theory). When you’re smurfing, you’ll start getting 80+ SR gains after 3 or 4 wins. Smurfs can also get massive SR drops by feeding/trashing their stats for a few games

1 Like

under what category do you report a booster

Gameplay sabotage. And specify in the text field why you think they are a booster.

Smurfing isnt cheating

It’s cheating.

On any old day, just for fun, college basketball players can play vs. little kids and that’s fine.

But when it’s competitive, for points, and meant to be played college vs. college… then purposely losing so you can go play with the little kids IS CHEATING.

It’s not allowed in any real sport, ever. Cheating.

Not only is it cheating. It’s pathetic. These are the FIRST players who should be banned.

4 Likes

go to the thread and look at posts around 87, this keeps me up at night.

Smurfs are cheating the ranking system so yeah, i dont need to change your mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lets face it the only people who don’t think its cheating probably own smurf accounts

2 Likes

Thats the issue because chance that master player will end up in master on new account is very low.

You could see that on dafran case, in his unranked to gm, he placed in diamond so yeah, he was definitely smurfing.

but if he plays he will win and end up at masters probably within 30 games that’s fine its pathetic if hes doing that and god knows why, but we all know if he wanted to continue playing at plat , at some point he would need to throw games to get to that level that’s when it becomes smurfing. if he is intentionally staying at a certain SR to stomp on that low SR that’s a scummy moronic half witted idiot smurf

I mean yeah there are worse people but lets be honest, what is really not smurfing?

Creating alt account and playing only heroes you dont play on your main acc. Everything else is basicly smurfing.
I know dafran tried to go highest as possible without trowing but he very well knew he would place in high dia or lowsster what is way below his elo. Just like he knew, he would climb easy. He didbt do it to learn soldier. He did it for fun. So its smurfing by my defonition, not serious smurfing tho, but still…

1 Like