Smurfing is a necessity

Sounds like their problem. Therefore they shouldn’t make it other people’s problem.

33 Likes

I think those are two different groups:

1. People who want to play with their friends, and don’t mean any harm
  2. People who derank to try to stomp on lower ranks for giggles

One should be okay, and the other shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

Because Activision-Blizzard is financially incentivized to continue allowing Smurfing. Every Smurf account is another $30 for them. Why would you want to stop that when people are buying the same game over and over?

2 Likes

How is that their problem? To get to that rank that’s basically what you have to do?

None of you are looking at this from a neutral perspective, and aren’t offering any solutions and just complain. See it time and again in loads of posts about smurfs. I can guarantee you will see a reduction in the amount of smurfs in your games, if you get behind the idea of allowing stacks in gm again.

2 Likes

Precisely why I stopped playing ranked seasons ago. It became terribly obvious that some of our matches felt like we were being beaten senseless by several teams within the earlier brackets, yet others it felt just right and felt like we were against people of our skill level and not GMs who stomped us into the ground repeatedly. Oh and the trash talking. My lord. I don’t get Gold and above ranks with the need to trash talk so much.

1 Like

Keep the competitive state of the game healthy should be more important for them than making 30€. But of course that’s not how this works.

1 Like

6 stacking in gm? OWL teams would roll everyone.
Tbh that would be very very fun to watch, a lot of gm speak bad about owl so it would be fun to see what really happens.

4 Likes

Their “competitive state” is OWL. That’s all they want to keep healthy.

They don’t seem to be doing a good job…

Thats funny, cause youre the one whos complaining to try to justify ruining other people’s matches.
Like I said, play quickplay.

23 Likes

I agree but so many businesses are more focused on short-term gains rather than long term success. Sucks a lot, eh? Honestly, I think OW should eventually go F2P that way there isn’t an monetary incentive to keep allowing Smurf accounts.

1 Like

I significantly remember one of the biggest reasons the stack ban came in, was after news of a 6 stack in Brazil were queueing at 3am and abusing the matchmaking to win a lot of games. Its literally a change brought in to prevent that kind of thing, which would be extremely rare to come across anyway. Much less common than coming across the occasional smurf in plat.

I would bet a lot of money this is on the bottom of the list of reasons why people smurf.

11 Likes

Saying “just play quickplay” to a competitive player, is like telling a guy with no legs to “just walk”. It’s not going to happen.

Far as I can tell, I haven’t seen a post about smurfs that has an actual solution other than “reeeee ban smurfs”. You gotta accept smurfs will literally always exist. What I’m suggesting would help in at least reducing the amount of smurfs you come across. Simple.

4 Likes

Thats a terrible comparison that makes no sense tho.
Quickplay is 70% the same experience as Competitive, only theres no ranks or leaver penalties and the matches are shorter.

How the hell would saying smurfing isnt a big deal reduce smurfing bro what

3 Likes

So how exactly did you get to level 25 without playing competitive?

15 Likes

You even read my post or what? You guys need to push for allowing stack in gm again, if you want to see less smurfs in your game.

1 Like

Yeah, no. When OWL teams hit the ranks as a six stack and started farming ladder GMs, they ran to Blizzard yelling about unfair matches and when the OWL teams hit the ladder the next time, the ladder GMs all logged off so they wouldn’t have to have unfair matches. THAT’S why six stacking was banned in GM - for fair matches.

Anyways, most of the smurfing going on isn’t caused by GMs, it’s caused by hardstuck Plats and Diamonds who can’t bear to face a defeat screen on the ladder. Their fragile egos need constant stomps for validation, and they make up all sorts of ridiculous excuses for it.

9 Likes

You may have a point but there was nothing unfair about that. Those OWL teams had to work for months if not years to achieve that level of teamwork and coordination.

Why should they not be rewarded for being good at the game?

3 Likes

Ask the GMs who got the change made.

2 Likes