Smurf Problem is out of control

Has it gotten worse? Smurfs in every game I’ve seen today. I think Hidden profiles has caused this.

4 Likes

I highly doubt that is fault of hidden profiles.
I think it’s because the game is less expensive now.

4 Likes

blame It on Woodrow Johnson

blizzard make the game cheaper because they WANT more snurfs. they want more money and smurfs give them money. i dont see how smurfs would increase with private profiles thogh

1 Like

It has always been really bad.

1 Like

Private profiles protect boosters, throwers, and hackers, but don’t cause more smurfs than there would be otherwise.

1 Like

It’s not like the private profile feature is making people smurf, it’s just that they can now hide the fact that they have dropped rank to do it.

Main reason for increased smurfing is most likely because the game has been on sale/dropped in price a whole lot lately.

And I guess some people are getting bored of the game so they are finding new ways to keep themselves entertained.
Because it is after all a video game made for fun and entertainment, no?

I am not defending the behavior in any way, just stating the fact that some people find it fun and that’s why they do it.

Well yes, I have 12 smurfs and only 1 main. What’s so wrong with that. (Except for the obvious waste of money)

the problem is you are ruining the game for everyone and keeping people in a low rank like me

There are smurfs in pretty much every rank, from bronze to master.
I know this has been said so many times and that people hate to hear it, but: If you belong in a higher rank, you will climb.

But remember that it’s a grind. You can’t play 20 competitive games and expect to climb rank.

Unless you play like at least a 100 competitive games per season, you can’t really notice big SR movements because of all the random games where the outcome is outside of your control.

In short: keep grinding competitive, if you are better than your rank, you will climb, 100%.

smurfs in every rank from bronze to masters? lol funny joke. smurfs in diamond and masters? you cant smurf when you are at the top lol…

Diamond or masters is not at the top.
You do realize that a GM player can carry games in diamond at least just as hard as a diamond player can carry games in bronze?

There is a huge skill difference between a diamond player and a high master player.
Let alone a GM player, or even worse a top500 player.

But it doesn’t matter, my point was that the smurfs are not the reason someone is stuck in a specific rank. Sure smurfs can ruin a game for you here and there, but in the bigger picture (over the course of many many games), you will climb if you are good enough.

No. So wrong.

You aren’t getting better when 1 team has a smurf and the other doesn’t(or worse). That doesn’t matter if you are getting carried by a smurf or getting roflstomped by a genji/widow/hanzo.

The games are just boring when they aren’t balanced. This game was an absolute blast when it was released and for maybe 2 seasons after, and has just slowly gotten worse every season because the matchmaking system is completely f-in broken at this point.

Such a shame to see a good game ruined for such a dumb reason.

1 Like

I’m just curious of the motivations to have smurf accounts, like wouldn’t it be really boring to smash on lower ranked players? Why not just QP and save the money?

Well no, thats just you

Imagine, we have to deal with Master smurfs and master have to deal with GM smurfs aswell

Crazy, ikr ?

I don’t see more smurfs but there are a lot more players throwing to get into lower ranks. Often there are silver border with private profiles, they are too good for their rank but they afk 50% of the time lul.