Smurf problem in low plat

Please for the love of god, your logic is so flawed. It cannot be unfair to be there, if you didn´t choose it yourself. They have no way of influencing their rank. That is why it cannot never be unfair. Stop abusing words and make em fit your narrative.

Agree to disagree all you want, fact is, all you said is wrong, plain simple. You have nothing to back up your statement. The developers of the same quote that you cling to clarified, that your interpretation of the “unfair” advantage is not true.

Now that is all you need to understand. You can feel that way all you like, it doesn´t make it true.

If there’s no space for misinterpretation, then surely you’d be able to support your stance with evidence yes? e.g. A developer weighing in… some rule in written text etc (leaving no room for misinterpretation).

I’ve provided the evidence to support my claims. It would only be fair if you did the same.

I respectfully disagree here. Your entire argument is based on the properties of a player being more “skilled or experienced” to be an “unfair advantage”. However, so far this claim is missing any concrete evidence other than your own personal misinterpretation which has been refuted thus far.

Until you back up your claim with better sources, I ask that you concede that being a more skilled or experienced player is in fact playing fair when they are doing what they can to win. (all players have access to the same base game. no player is using any 3rd party softwares etc)

We are all player with varying levels of skills anyway. There’s always going to be a skill gap as players are inconsistent.

1 Like

Its everywhere. lol.

It is when you’re in a tier far lower than where you normally are.

All I said was the cold, hard truth. All you’re trying to do is dismiss it so that you and others of your ilk can keep on smurfing and ruining this game for others.

The in game reporting system is all the back up one needs.

They didn’t say that at all.

If you are playing a character you aren’t as good at, surely you’d be a lower rank?

For example I can play most of the cast in mystery heroes, but if I end up with wrecking ball I have trouble controlling him with my mouse and don’t seem to get any picks before dying.

Would being unable to reliably get kills and falling off the map half the time with Wrecking ball mean I should be:

• lower than one of my mains I die a handful of times per match with 50 to 60% accuracy
  • the same as one of my mains I die a handful of times per match with 50 to 60% accuracy
  • higher than one of my mains I die a handful of times per match with 50 to 60% accuracy

Pick one (let me know if you need a hint)

1 Like

Smurf accounts is the only thing that keeps overwatch Alive financially. I ran into a smurf during placement matches said he was top 500 farmed us at spawned. Looked at his profile only played 10mins. If you are reading this you’re still a scrub.

No, you´re purposefully misusing words to your own liking, you hardly even understand, what smurfing actually is and where it comes from.

Doesn´t state, what you say, what so ever, you lying interpretation is not Truth or fact.

Jeff kaplan said it was not cheating, end of. Stop being a child.

1 Like

Give up, my friend, this is the kind of guy, that needs to lie about facts (that he interpreted from a blizzard quote), when the developers themselves, say the exact opposite.

1 Like

Hi, I’m still waiting for you to back up your statement with evidence. Citations, a quote from someone with authority. Anything really. Something to prove that you aren’t delusional/too stubborn to admit you might be wrong.

Like say you were given a random group of schoolkids (say 2,000) in the same year, and you need to sort them out into groups based on their skill in football. Say you only get to observe them playing 6v6 at a time, and then get the results and stats of how they played in game to make your decisions how to sort them.
Is the innate skill that a schoolkid possess considered an unfair advantage then? That they understand how strategy works and how to implement it… or had a dad who was coaching them growing up. Maybe hit a growth spurt and has better reflexes etc…

Sure, the pro kid probably could tell straight up if their peers aren’t as good as them. However he has the right to play the game just like anyone else. They aren’t using any illicit substances or breaking rules so they’re effectively playing fair.

You see, it feels like you’re blinded by the notion that games are ruined by the presence of these players. That they must be “cheating” in order to make you lose and feel terrible about yourself. But in actual fact, there’s always gonna be people better and worst then yourself. The sorting algorithm just takes a while to identify and filter these skilled players away so that they can play for the school team or regionals etc.

But if you’re just here to play a game of football, why care so much about the presence of these players?

See I think a smurf is not a problem at all.
Let’s look at it like this you have the same chance to get one on your team as you do one on the other team correct?
Another thing is people complain they are stuck in a particular rank and blame smurfs. But that just means you don’t belong in the rank the smurf is in if you can’t compete with them.
Utilize the avoid list and learn how to play a variety of roles and you will do fine in this game.

1 Like

“It does not hapens to me so it does not exist and its not a problem”. Is the same as " i dont have cancer so it does not exist people just want some atention"

That’s not what he said at all.

You accuse me of purposefully misusing words, accuse me of being a liar, and are toxic towards me, all the while misquoting sources to support your own, flawed stance.

Reported & muted.

Again you accuse me of lying when you’re the one misquoting sources.

The developers did not say what you’re claiming they did. Please go back and re-read the dev posts previously linked in this thread to see what they actually said about it.

Here you go, you absolute lying loser. You just made fun of yourself in front of all people in here again.

Wanna keep going, to keep showing your lack of credibility ?

Well not quite, seeing as the then “Cancer statistics”, which would be developers say, that smurfing is not that big on an issue as people “Feel” like.

So a lot of the “Smurfs ruin my games”, are actually just people that look up their symptoms online and concluded that it was “Cancer”, that is their problem.

:slight_smile:

You’re always going to play against better players. Your ability to identify them and counter/focus them will help you climb.

Most smurfs are just people from 1 tier higher who lock DPS every game. Tank or support mains who have a DPS account. If it was actually a high ranking player playing their main they’d get to their main SR pretty quickly.

You have intentionally made the same mistakes for 1000’s of hours. Per the rules, you are commiting gameplay sabotage and should be banned for your lack of caring!

Smurfs are everywhere. You just have to be better than the smurfs, or just take the L and do better next game when there see no smurfs