Small trick to increase frames

Lately me and many people I’ve seen have been wondering why their framerate has been dropping down lately, through some experimentation I want to say that updates might be introducing some junk files, so I recommend uninstalling and re installing the game, worked for me, helped about 10-20 fps average, so if you don’t have many options, I recommend trying this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reinstalling can help a lot in many cases. Doing a fresh reinstall of the graphic card drivers can help too. That being said there are other tricks as well and most of them are documented in my guide here:

6 Likes

Turn OFF reduced buffering.

I pour oil on my computer, it makes everything faster.

2 Likes

I smashed my old pc and bought a $10k one. That help so much!

3 Likes

I cant even install updates to driver. My driver just doesnt want for some reason and my computer lags
I have an ssd and everything and free space. Idky it keeps saying installing but never installs.

Consider using Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD driver for your system.

2 Likes

How do I do the latter?

Clearing your blizzard app cached crap helps too, i believe.

1 Like

Nuke it with DDU maybe?
That’s what i do whenever there’s a gpu driver update.
It’s overkill but it helps.

Edit: wyoming already suggested ddu. :’(

Click on the links to locate the device drivers.

Ok will try it this thursday
I think I might not do it, considering I dont understand much in this stuff and last time I messed with my graphics drivers I had to send my computer to geek squad ;-;

(I might try just because my computer some times drops in frames for no reason. since I had to make nvidia my main graphics card to avoid the windows update messing up with my graphics card glitch -_-)

Laughs in intelHD graphics

1 Like

It’s not a bad idea to avoid doing something you are not comfortable with. Usually, a good approach is to see if any friends can lend a hand.

1 Like

I reduced resolution and enabled image sharpening in nvidia drivers, increased fps greatly while I still can see atuff clearly

1 Like

Just asked a friend and waiting for a response
Here is hoping he can help me when I do it

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has been experiencing suspicious FPS drops…Although when I logged on this morning my FPS seemed to have gone back to normal, so I guess it worked itself out.

Is this done on the Nvidia control panel?

Yes, choose Overwatch in the profiles and enable Image Sharpening.

Default sharpening causes little graphic issues, so play with the slider a little bit lol.

1 Like