Slower Firing Speed on Ana?

alright i fixed it. i’m just editing some of your rules so they can be…more accurate

here’s the updated one: 91HXK

i fixed the shield health for rein, sigma, orisa and also fixed their HP. i had to give orisa 550 hp tho or else it wouldn’t be a 700 health shield. also idk if you want brigittes HP to be 200, 250, or 300 so i just settled at 250. i also see some heroes damage dealt, rein for example is 88% which equals 75 hammer damage. if you change it to 88% then it decreases all of his damage by 12%, theres a fix i can do or tell you if you want specific things to deal this damage, this healing, or specific anything.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help it means a lot to me, but with the new changes, the problem with Ana’s firing still exists, she does shoot slower, but now her weapon works more like Ashe, where you can’t hold primary fire to continue shooting, you need to tap. Is there a solution for this or is it a limitation of the workshop?

Some things I want to implement but don’t know how to yet are,

1. Increase damage dealt by specific parts of heroes kits
  2. Decrease damage dealt by specific parts of heroes kits
  3. Let Rein cancel Charge
  4. Change heroes barrier health and actual health separately
  5. Increase stun durations

i believe it’s a limitation sadly

pretty simple things, i’ll try to provide as much as i can

let’s say rein for example, you want him to be at 100 dmg hammer. put the % back to 100 at his hero manual, make a new rule and do this.
Ongoing-event player, all, reinhardt. Conditions: Is firing primary == true
Actions: set damage dealt, 117.647. Wait Until, not, is firing primary. set damage dealt, 100
it’s the same for decreasing it but you just decrease the damage dealt, also 75 hammer damage is 88.235 so replace the 117.647 with 88.235

use this code to copy the cancelable rein charge and paste it into your code Y4AY9

you cannot yet do this in the workshop due to shield health being tied to max health. the only character that’s not effected to shield health being changed by a workshop max health is brigitte.

let’s say you want to increase brigittes shield bash stun to 0.9 seconds, this is what you will do.

Player Dealt Damage, All, Brigitte
Conditions: Is firing secondary(event player) == true. Event Ability == button (primary fire).
Actions: Set Status(Victim, Event Player, Stunned, 0.900).
if you want 3 second shatter then change the player to rein, change the conditions to is using ultimate == true event ability == button(Ultimate) and change Stunned to Knocked Down then replace 0.900 with 3

by the way i’m free to do the changes, i’m free all the time

1 Like

Try setting it like this, I set the condition to check for the button press. Then I press button and check if you’re firing your shot at the start of the action list. If it’s true that it fires, then I’ll enable primary false/true, and repeat on loop if you’re still holding the button. It should reactivate the shot for you while you hold it. It seems to work for me.

rule("Ana Slower Firing Speed")
{
event
{
	Ongoing - Each Player;
	All;
	Ana;
}

conditions
{
	Hero Of(Event Player) == Hero(Ana);
	Is Button Held(Event Player, Button(Primary Fire)) == True;
}

actions
{
	Press Button(Event Player, Button(Primary Fire));
	If(Is Firing Primary(Event Player) == True);
		Set Primary Fire Enabled(Event Player, False);
		Wait(1, Ignore Condition);
		Set Primary Fire Enabled(Event Player, True);
	End;
	Wait(0.016, Ignore Condition);
	Loop If Condition Is True;
     }
}
1 Like

Works just as good as I’d hope, thank you very very much.

What do you do to change her barrier health?

1 Like

you go to her hero manual and put her max health to 240% for a 600 hp barrier (it shows 599/600 due to rounding errors) and then go to the workshop rules and create a new one setting her max health to 17% with an action and then add health pools to match ur hp for her. btw each square/rectangle is 25 health, armor, or shields. i recommend using that advantage to match the health correctly. also like i said before, brigitte is the only one that does not have her shield health effected with a “set max health” rule unlike the other shield tanks.

1 Like

hey i wanna try out your balance changes code for the workshop, do you still have the updated version?

1 Like

3M528

1 Like

thank you! i love a lot of these changes and especially making brigitte more of a brawler and less of a healer. i was curious if you could show me your balance changes like
Mercy

Guaridan Angel

• Cooldown increased to 4 seconds

——

also i found a very weird thing, it shows brigs shield as 499/500 and not 500/500 which is weird because in my old brig code she has 500/500 shield health and not 499/500. also i updated syms and mccree’s hp being uneven (200/201 to 200/200), would you like the new code of it?

1 Like

The mercy change is just to give her more skill, my end goal for mercy would be to recreate something similar to this post.
Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State.
I can’t give her a new skill shot that reduces damage dealt for a short period of time
I can’t give her a reworked rez ult that raises her skill floor and ceiling
So instead I gave her a increased cooldown on her mobility, it makes her positioning more crucial and I personally think mercy should demand more of the player to get as good value out of her.

Also sure I’d like the new code (:

1 Like

EB6S5

also just a question, are you trying to make McCree’s FTH deal 40-240 or 45-270 damage? or are you just trying to decrease all of his damage dealt by 20% or 15%? and i wanna be sure of this but do you know that if you set mercys combat ult charge as an example to 75%, that increases her ult charge by 25% making it charge slower right? and like i said before is there a way you can tell me all of your balance changes that your making?

1 Like

Before I go into detail, while everyone’s health is a clean 200, there are two bugs both because of brig,

• swapping from brig to another hero with custom HP gives them increased max HP
  • swapping from custom HP hero to brig messes with her barrier HP (varies from 500, 499, 375, and 84)

Tank

D.Va
  • Micro Missles cooldown goes from 8 > 13
    • I think she does too much damage with her primary fire + missiles, having it be on such a long cooldown makes it seem much more fair to die to.
Orisa
  • Barrier cooldown goes from 10 to 8.5
    • I can’t raise it’s health from 600 to 700 so I made it effectively shield that much damage overall, a compromise but still.
Reinhardt
  • Rocket Hammer damage decreased from 85 to 75
    • I never liked this buff. Everything else on Rein is fine enough as is IMO.
Roadhog
  • Damage reduced by 10%
  • Health ratio changed from 600 to 500/100 Armor
  • Take a Breather can no longer move while healing
  • Chain Hook increases his next shot’s damage by 10%
  • Cooldown decreased from 8 to 7
    • All of these are to encourage Hog to stop going on stupid flanks getting kills and actually play with his team.
      • Reduced Damage and no mobility make escaping after a pick very difficult.
      • More Armor, Reduced Hook Cooldowns, and increased Hook damage encourage play on the frontlines, on live, any flanks that take 8 seconds are worth going if it confirms an easy kill, 7 is a good bit shorter and any longer than 7 seconds is time you could spend on the frontline asserting pressure and threatening space.
Sigma
  • Experimental Barrier cooldown when redeployed is 1.5 instead of 2
    • 2 Seconds feels so miserable, I literally dropped him after it he just feels so bad, like a D.va can just drop a nuke in your face and you have to take it.
  • Accretion Cooldown decreased from 10 to 8
    • Sigma’s rock has a wind up animation, it’s projectile isn’t as large as it’s size suggests, I made this change because it felt weird to me how long it’s cooldown was, especially since Brig’s is instant, mobility, and much shorter cooldown, Mccree’s is a AOE, Instant, and can threaten with much more damage. All Sigma’s has is range which is meh.
  • Barrier Recharge Rate reduced by 29%
    • Effectively should have 600 Barrier Health now, needs compensation for the other buffs, plus It should make Double Shield weaker since Sigma caused the problem.
Winston
  • Barrier Projector cooldown reduced from 13 to 11.375
    • Trying to give him 800 effective Barrier health.
Wrecking Ball
  • Grapple cooldown increased from 5 > 6
  • Grapple knockback distance increased 20%
    • Grapple is so difficult to get environmental kills with, plus it also lets ball engage many times repeatedly which is a little annoying especially with no CC.
Zarya
  • Nothing
    • There’s like 8 things I wanna change but can’t

Damage

Ashe
  • Aim down sights movement penalty increased from 25% to 30%
    • Consistency with sniper like damage heroes.
  • Coach Gun cooldown increased from 10 to 12
    • Ashe has a really strong escape option as it also pushes her foes away too. So the cooldown was increased to compensate for her really strong defensive option. (plus her cooldowns and ammo are all 12 which is neat.)
Bastion
  • Self Repair resource drain rate decreased by 20%
  • Healing per second decreased from 90 to 75
    • Heals reverted before the buff
  • Tank Projectile speed increased from 60 to 80 (As fast as Doom’s Primary Fire on live)
    • Projectiles should all be faster IMO (PS: if there’s a way to nullify Iron Clad LMK)
Doomfist
  • Rocket Punch cooldown increased from 4 > 5
    • I can’t figure out how to reduce punch damage only so I made it a second longer.
Echo
  • Health changed from 200 to 150/50 Shields
    • It makes total sense and looks cool
  • Sticky Bombs cooldown increased from 6 > 10
    • I nerf Soldiers rockets back to 8 seconds and Echo’s bombs are even better than that overall so I increased it even further.
  • Ammo reduced from 12 > 10
    • Less ammo is good for the game.
  • Projectile Speed increased by 166%
    • I like faster projectiles
  • Ult charge reduced by 20%
    • should charge Ult around the same time.
Genji
  • Shuriken
    Deflect duration decreased from 2 to 1.5
  • Swift Strike
    • Cooldown reduced from 8 to 6
      • newer heroes like doom echo and ball will all reach point faster than him, this’ll help him catch up. (If there was a way to make dragon blade deal 70 damage instead of 120, but after 0.45 seconds, it deals another 70 damage, that would be so so good)
  • Ammo decreased from 30 to 27
    • Ammo’s getting too high, it encourages spam and screws tanks the hardest.
Hanzo
  • Move speed decreased from -30% to -45%
    • Consistency with Sniper DPS.
  • Projectile Speed increased from 110 to 125 (Reverted arrow speed nerf)
    • Now he has Sniper projectile speed since he was supposed to be a sniper.
  • Full charge arrow deals 200 damage, not 250.
    • Now a headshot from his arrow wont instantly kill 250 HP targets unless powerboosted, but it still will kill 200 HP heroes.
  • Storm Arrow count decreased from 5 > 3
    • Less tank buster more sniper
Junkrat
  • Frag Launcher projectile speed increased by 40% (As fast as Pharah’s Primary Fire on live)
    • Buff projectile speed until it makes up for 1 Concussion Mine._
  • Concussion Mine can only have one charge instead of 2
    • If Junkrat was more popular, people would be screaming from the rooftops how broken it is to pop out of nowhere and kill someone faster than a flash FtH that Junk can stack twice.
McCree
  • HP decreased from 225 to 200
    • that’s all
Mei
  • Cyro-Freeze duration decreased from up to 5 seconds to 4
  • Cyro-Freeze cooldown decreased from 12 to 11
    • I reduced the time both Mei and the enemy have to wait for it to be over but to compensate it’s cooldown is decreased.
Pharah
  • Health increased from 200 to 250
  • Rocket Launcher Projectile Speed increased by 14%~ (As fast as Molten Core or Micro Missiles on live)
  • Hover Jets Movement Speed buff increased from 20% to 33%
  • Hover Jets Refill Rate decreased from 43% per second to 35%
  • Hover Jets Vertical Speed Gained decreased from 100% to 75%
  • Jump Jet height gained decreased from 100% to 65%
  • Jump Jet Cooldown decreased from 10 to 8
    • All of these changes should make Pharah a generally consistent pick that encouages flashy fun cool plays instead of being scissors that absolutely destroys paper but has to swap when the enemy goes rock.
Reaper
  • Health changed from 250 to 200/50 Armor
  • Lifesteal reduced from 35% > 20%
    • Makes him less likely to be oneshot but also worse at prolonged fights.
  • Ult cost increased by 15%
    • If I could make Lifesteal charge ult I’d do that instead.
Soldier: 76
  • Heavy Pulse Rifle ammo decreased from 30 to 25
    • Ammo decrease. This makes his weapon deal a good amount less shield damage as a result which is good as hitscan shouldn’t do much shield damage barring a few exceptions imo.
  • Helix Rockets
    • Cooldown increased from 6 to 8
  • Projectile Speed increased from 50 to 75 (As fast as Echo’s Primary Fire on live)
    • Reversing powercreep.
  • Biotic Field cooldown decreased from 15 to 12
    • No reason it’s cooldown should be this long.
Sombra
  • Cooldown from unsuccessful attempt increased from 2 to 4
    • Sombra players are given a slap on the wrist when they use their oppressively strong ability that can force swaps when used properly, improperly. So only the mistakes are more punishing.
  • Movement speed increased from 65% to 75%
  • After 25 seconds of being cloaked, Stealth is canceled.
    • Removing the Stealth Timer and making it slower was a very bad change imo, just increase the timer from 20 to 25 or 30 if it’s gone too quick don’t just scrap the whole thing.
Torbjorn
  • Nothing
Tracer
  • Nothing
Widowmaker
  • Secondary fire damage reduced by 20%
    • No overkill damage on tanks
  • (I’d eventually like to learn how HUDs work so I could add a universal meter that shows how long Widow’s sights last, samae with Sombra invis cancel but only for herself

Support

Ana
  • Biotic Rifle Fire rate decreased from 1.25 to 1
  • Biotic Rifle Clip Size decreased from 12 to 8
    • HPS are now put below Moira, she still has infinite range on heals, Hitscan, DPS, and utility over her so I think this is fine.
  • Sleep Dart
    • Projectile speed increased from 60 to 125 (now matches unscoped shots)
    • Sleep dart feels like it whiffs all the time on smaller opponents and is completely free vs tanks, I want everyone to suffer equally.
  • Ult charge reduced by 25%
    • Compensation
Baptiste
  • Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire) Fire Rate decreased from 0.9 to 1
    • Similar to Zarya, I can’t do the 90 changes I want.
Brigitte
  • Health increased from 150 > 250
    • Tank Brig > Current Brig IMO
  • Repair Pack charges reduced from 3 > 1
  • Whip Shot Cooldown increased from 4 > 6
    • A knockback on that short of a cooldown that’s also long range is annoying, it gets toned down.
  • Barrier Shield Health increased from 250 > 500
    • Can now play on the frontlines again hopefully.
  • Shield Bash Cooldown increased from 7 > 10
  • Stun Duration increased from 0.75 > 0.9
    • having small, constant stuns is way more annoying than one slightly bigger one especially one that can be played around
  • Ult Charge reduced by 20%
    • Compensation for heal nerfs
Lucio
  • Sonic Amplifier Projectile Speed increased from 50 to 75 (As fast as Echo’s Primary Fire on live)
Mercy ✓
  • Guardian Angel cooldown increased from 1.5 > 4
    • Make positioning more important
  • Valkyrie cost increased by 25%
    • Now Mercy will have to think twice on using it as a get out of jail free card
Moira ✓
  • Orb cooldown increased from 8 > 10
  • Orb max damage/healing nerfed from 200/300 > 150/150
  • Fade movement bonus decreased from 250% > 200%
  • Ult cost reduced by 25%
  • Ult duration decreased by 25%
  • Ult movement bonus decreased from 150% to 100%
  • Ult damage/healing changed from 70/140 to 100/100
    • Normalize her damage and healing output, allowing character expression for many players and a more interesting niche, also making her less forgiving on bad positioning.
Symmetra ✓

Nothing idc, I wish she was support

Zenyatta ✓
  • None

Hopefully everything makes sense, I have work in 6 hours I gotta sleep

1 Like

new code is TYXQF

basically i redid all of your rules to fit your patch notes and i did them all successfully! i even completed these ones

and with the doomfist punch damage

you have to do this
|ongoing each player|
all
doomfist

conditions:
is firing secondary(event player) == true
actions:
set damage dealt(event player, %)
wait until,not,is firing secondary, event player, 99999
set damage dealt(event player, 100)

that should do it.

also i found out the issue with your shield problem. it glitches because of sigma’s “set max health’ rule and so it would effect brigitte’s aswell and MAYBE other shields too. and the “set max health” issue that causes other custom set health heroes to have increased hp is a normal thing that happens with it. all you have to do for that is swap off to a hero with no custom hp set and switch back to the hero you want. also for your pharah changes, i dont know if i did them correctly so you’ll have to look at her when you have the chance. hope i helped! :heart:

P.S. i left little notes in like maybe 2 rules so be sure to read

1 Like

Bro you’re a saint, I was so tired I forgot to update the rules but you still did everything for me, thank you so much man seriously

1 Like

no problem! glad i could help :relaxed:

1 Like

ok i’m back once again but this is just a mini fix, new code is YSHYD. all i did was fix hog’s damage boost because his damage is decreased by 10% (which is 90%) and i increased his damage by 20% (110%) and reverted it back to his normal damage on accident. so i fixed it to put it back to 100% as the damage boost and to revert it back to 90%.

1 Like

hey I’m back again, I was wondering if you could help me with a few things regarding certain heroes kits

1. Could I make Bastion’s Sentry form no longer have Ironclad?
  2. Could I essentially make it so Symmetra doesn’t receive ammo on barriers
  3. Could I force Wrecking Ball into Ball mode when hacked? Could i let doomfist use his punch while hacked?
  4. Could I give ult charge for doing _____? Like could I make sombra healing or reaper healing give ult charge?

Sorry to come back after so long

i’ll have to see in a second so i’ll check back soon

1 Like

you would have to use the condition “Is In Alternative Form == True” and the action “Set Damage received, event player, 120” then the “wait until, not, is in alternative form” and then “set damage received, event player, 100”

yes you can but you would have to disable her primary and make a new beam. i could do it for you if you want

sadly you cannot due to her hack ability already disabling hero abilities so the workshop is unable to forcefully reenable them.

it is impossible to add ult charge as of right now, the only way to do it is successful however it specially sets the ult charge of a hero to the specific amount, no matter what charge it’s at.

1 Like