Skin Randomizer?

I’m aware of the new/old feature in Overwatch while in games that you can change your skin before the game starts but, what if you don’t know what you want to choose because you really love your main and you have all their skins and want to just play all of them so why not a skin randomizer every new game you choose random and boom a random skin each game and I know it’s not that important compared to cheaters and bugs and bad characters (Hammond) but it’d be a nice feature

7 Likes

like with wow mounts, we should have an option to set a few skins as favorites, and randomize through them every match.

good idea!

4 Likes

This is something I’ve wanted since I first started playing.

1 Like

I am pretty sure I’ve seen blue posts dating back two years ago about how this is something “they would like to add eventually”.

While I don’t know the OW code I do know coding and it just boggles my mind how this wasn’t an easy win for the community? No idea why it isn’t a thing yet.

This is something I really want, especially as I mainly play Mystery Heroes.

1. it would be just another fun piece of random
  2. you don’t pick your MH hero, so you don’t get the option to select a skin in a lobby. you have to take time to do it in the hero gallery between matches if you want to.

Back before the skin selector was added in, I always thought a skin wheel (sounds nasty, right?) would work where we can assign 4 different skins to choose from, the same like how voicelines and emotes work.

I’d be ok with a Random selection like what highlight intros have.

2 and half years later, c’mon Blizzard this is such a cool idea

Dammit Joe you literally said it in your post 2 AND A HALF YEARS. (But this is a very good idea)

I would take that, but only if we were able to turn off normal “rare” blue skins. That would be great.

1 Like

They hinted at this in the dev update before the ama (though specifically said not completely random…more like a favorites list random)

1 Like

I have square brain, when was this

Its a very odd omission…

Oooh I would love this!

i guess it was the AMA itself

Just close your eyes and select a skin.