This is done now

This post didn’t go in a good direction at all, so I’m done with it.
-Fritz

5 Likes

Pretty much everyone thinks these are the good ways to do a non aim reliant hero, Because they still take insane amounts of skill in other ways.
This is why heroes like brigitte and mercy get called brainless, they are not like a mccree who has to have awsome aim, and you are not a winston who has to have an awsome brain.

7 Likes

So most “skilless” heroes are mainly just heroes with a low skill floor but some of them have a high skill ceiling such as Rein, Winston, Junkrat, and Pharah.

1 Like

Winston is one of the hardest heroes in the game.

18 Likes

Pharah alone is hard to play. With mercy she become braindead

The skill argument is ridiculous anyway.

7 Likes

There’s a important distinction, I think, between a hero being “easy” and a hero having a simple kit.

Winston, for instance, has a simple kit. All he can do is jump, bubble, and tickle. And he doesn’t require a whole lot of aim. Yet, his plays are far from easy, requiring lots of forethought and decision making. He’s simple, but he’s not easy. Reinhardt is much the same way.

Meanwhile, Brigitte has a fairly complex kit, with plenty of options available to her. However, her playstyle is fairly simple – whack opponents to heal your teammates, throw out a stun to disrupt flankers/tanks. She isn’t as hard to master as some other heroes. She’s complex, but she’s also relatively easy.

Then you have heroes like Doomfist who are complex and hard to play, and heroes like Mercy, who isn’t complex and is relatively easy to play.

Keep in mind, I’m not trying to bash any heroes for being “EZ” or “skilless,” I just want to highlight the distinction between a simple kit and a simple playstyle.

8 Likes

Pharah… I’m sorry but I have to disagree. Sure she does a lot of damage but if you can’t aim what’s the point. Slash damage? Eh? That will only get so far… your only feeding healers. I’ll agree moira is skilless hero.

1 Like

?? d.va is pretty easy, despite her pretty high skill ceiling.

Winston and Rein should’t even be on this list.

I think the main thing that makes this hard to categorise, is that there are very few people that have dedicated substantial time to multiple roles.

In general the heroes that are often seen as low skill are those that are primarily mained by people new to the genre. That’s kinda put most of the competitive aspect into the dps role. It’s ridiculously easy to climb as a main tank or healer, as in order to climb you only have to be better than the enemy’s counterpart… and they’re usually fairly new to the scene. Way easier than trying to outsnipe some hardcore CS veteran playing Widow.

So yeah currently some heroes are low skilled, but that’s probably primarily due to their playerpool. The stuff intrinsic to the hero’s gameplay is more secondary.

1 Like

Remove torb of skilles… he is really hard to play effective

Also remove reinhart.

1 Like

People with aim reliant mechanics ALWAYS take more skill than less aim reliant. Why? You need to be good at both to get to a certain rank while you only need to be good at one to get to a certain rank. Yes Winston takes a ton of game sense, but think about how much harder he would be if he had to aim.

Heros that’s have to aim and use gamesense have an infinitely high skill ceiling and a high floor. Less aim reliant have a lower floor and ceiling.

Jr doesn’t have a high skill ceiling.

2 Likes

Im laughing that widowmaker isnt even on here :joy:

wait a momkent i think doomfist is in the wrong place

And here we have someone who’s never played rat.

3 Likes

so basically this is an

Opinion vs opinion topic?

And since opinions are subjective none of it really matters anyway

2 Likes

Skill-less is a toxic term, designed to inflate the egos of “skillful” players and put down those they decide arent skillful.

Every single character requires skill. Get your toxicity out of here ->

1 Like

i think rein, winston, and pharah should be higher and orisa should be lower