Six damage is actually a really strong comp

Contrary to popular opinion five/six damage is actually a really strong composition. Generally when players play this composition they are very confident with their heroes. They are proficient enough in the mechanics to outskill you.

Replay code example:
892HHM

3 Likes

And one d.va bomb would obliterate a push >_>

1 Like

Not necessarily. If the team understands what they’re playing with they can get most of them behind cover before it goes off. There is a pretty decently long delay before the explosion for dva bomb after all so most likely it would take a combo of some kind to make the bomb actually wipe a push, just like any comp.

2 Likes

I’ll just… leave this here. I team wiped with a single bomb TWICE in that game. (it’s from my stream last night)

1 Like

I feel as though this one is rank dependent

3 Likes

it can change from person to person and game to game, yeah. I’ve met some really smart bronze players and really dumb master players.

(BTW, the video I linked was high silver, 1900, with a couple gold players in the mix.)

1 Like

While higher ranked players are better at avoiding damage, the 6 damage characters has never been meta at the pro level, with the closest being:

• 5 Tracer + 1 Lucio (early OW)
  • 4 DPS + 1 Ball + 1 Mercy (Shanghai Dragons right before 2/2/2 change)

So if this is rank dependent, it would be a small window, for example 4000-4100 SR, before the skill of the players would rise to the point of having a Support and perhaps a Tank would be stronger than 6.

1 Like

I think I wasn’t very clear in my initial comment, I’m referring to the DVA bomb situation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can see that now. I just saw your comment and related it to the OP’s statement. Didn’t mean to rope you into it haha.

1 Like

I wasn’t around for early Overwatch.

But right before Role-Queue came out, I thought I remembered the DPS comp being like 5 DPS and a Zen or something?

Haha… Yeah… These were some funny games…

I remember a couple of these when I swapped from a Tank main to a DPS main.

Still prefer 2-2-2 though…

1 Like

I’ve won a 2-4-0 vs 2-2-2 game in Volskaya few days ago, but I think, in these cases, the enemy team just totally lacks coordination.

When I run 2-2-2 against meme comps in OQ, I usually win. when I run 1-3-2, as long as I’m on DPS, I usually win.

Running 4-2 is a weird comp. But a lot of damage and sustain if ran correctly…

1 Like

No, plat+ players don’t get wiped to a DVA bomb. At higher ranks, it’s usually considered a “good ult” if it even gets just one person on like a baptiste or rein or something. If you are wiping players with dva bomb, it’s because you are playing against players who are bad.

2 Likes

You act like just by virtue of someone being high rank they are inherently not “bad”. There are indeed “bad” grand master players.

2 Likes

Agree with op, 6 gm dps are op… But 6 v 6 gm dps will be unwatchable for the audience.
(Would love to hear coms of a pro 6 dps team, imagine it would look alot like xqc’s chat)

one feedva can give them all enough ult charge to ignore this play as well.

No, if you are GM, you are by definition “not bad”. GM players are always better than silver players. That’s why they’re GM and why silvers are silver. Maybe some players are better than different things than others, but if you truly believe that a silver player that belongs in silver is somehow better than any GM player who belongs in GM, then you are wrong.

1 Like

You’re missing the point by a million miles. Stop with the GM hero worship for a moment and actually think about this. Actually… I’ve already said it. maybe I’ll just re-link my own words like the douche you think I am.

1 Like

I already answered you. No masters player is “dumber” (at least game sense-wise) than a bronze player.

Although I guess if you’re talking about within their own rank, then yes some bronzes are smarter than other bronzes and some masters are dumber than other masters. But I don’t see how that matters because they all are around the same skill within the same 500 sr determination of skill and smarts, which is really all that matters in these games. If you can rank up, you should be better than almost everyone at your current rank.

1 Like

I get it, you’re stuck in your mindset. I guess that means we’re probably done here.

1 Like