Since his name is now Cole Cassidy

Is the “Reunion” short getting updated when Ashe says “Jesse McCree”? Or is it staying how it is?

i suppose it will stay the same. the cinematic takes place before mccree changed his name to Cole

1 Like

I don’t remember who said it (I think it was Andy)…. But I believe they said prior released media (so like cinematics and books, etc) would remain unchanged

4 Likes

Here you go (Andy thankfully doesn’t have THAT many responses to go through yet :sweat_smile:)

So maybe the cinematics? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

the editorial problem is completely ignored (especially for Deadlock Rebels), although it is not difficult to edit the pdf media on the official website. even taking into account that the Overwatch anthology expanded edition will be published soon, already from there we can see a possible change of the name.

changing the name in the reunion dubbing is an organizational problem: it is not impossible but you have to consider that you should call the voice actors of all the languages ​​of the world and hope that they have the same attitude and audio quality perfectly in sync with the video (and it is not easy ). then it is not said that they have the foresight to do this republication on all the non-Anglo-Saxon youtube channels of ow (Italian, German, French etc.)

but the real problem is HOW you can post it online today: it would only have an avalanche of dislikes and zero comments on the epicness of the narrative moment, and that’s super wrong in public terms.

it would make more sense if Blizzard publishes the video in the “press” section of its site, and let the user republish it in their own channels rather than in the official playoverwatch channel. in this way you would satisfy the “purists” of the lore but you did not create the media problem that I think is silly enough to ask, considering that this is more a further sacking of the developer rather than a superficial sensitization as many claim.

Or rather revealed that his name truly was…

It seems like that’s where they’re going with the “lore.”

Isn’t mccree just his villain name :skull:

So realistically people can still call him mccree