Since 1.30.0.1 on PC, getting a "Your rendering device has been lost! Application closing!" error

I’d recommend reporting it to Nvidia at the geforce forums if you’re having issues with Nvidia cards ( Specificity RTX cards). They have a post sticked at the top for the latest 417.22 Drivers. Blizzard says this is not a “trending” issue. So I’m guessing it’s not important enough for them to look into currently. I would keep making posts and opening support tickets till they see it is an issue.

I am also having this ‘rendering device’ issue with my brand new laptop which I bought a few days ago (along with Overwatch). My game has been shut down twice in the past 3 hours. This also happens on my friend’s account and laptop, so I knew it isn’t my computer. A lot of users have suggested contacting Nvidia, however Nvidia is not installed on my laptop, leading me to believe it’s a fault with Blizzard. So, please fix this problem, Blizzard.
Thanks.

Please don’t necro a thread, especially if you are not using the same software. Start a new thread with the dxdiag information Blizz asks you to include to help diagnose the issue. More info here: Common Technical Issues and Solutions - #14