Sim spiking even with 300 fps?

I don’t know but I commented just so people can see this post and help you

2 Likes

Cap the frame at the max stable frame rate possible, because a little bit higher but consistent SIM is better for the muscle memory.

take look at my post u.u

people keep on Reading 1 % it seem. i tried change evrything like that 0 things matter grafic fps nothing sim still spikes exactly the same !

Strange. I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the game, and to uninstall and do a cleain install of graphic drivers. Also tune the settings in graphic controll panel to favor performance

You cap the FPS at 142 on a 144hz monitor “Noob”. Never go higher than th REFRESH RATE of your monitor cuz that cause input lag, cause UNecessary overheating and that was proved years ago on CS running at 300 fps is a MYTH

I get lower SIM on an uncapped framerate in this game so that doesn’t do anything.

OP, have you tried setting “Maximum pre-rendered frames” in the Nvidia control panel to “1”?

Help bump my thread in the bug forum pls. There is a problem with the game engine.

1 Like

ive noticed alot more aswell.

Mine usually sits between 6 and 9 but its been going between 6 and 15-20 constantly, even in the practice range.

well yes the thing is even without using voices the sim spikes to 10-15 even if i stand 100 % still dont move mouse nothing on training mode with 300 fps … and thats f terrible !

Have you tried disabling HPET?

yes i did… didnt help

what? What does that mean? Are you trolling?

Higher FPS than refresh rate reduces input lag, capping at or below may RR on your monitor causes it, vSync causes it too.

@OP:

If you get periodic lag spikes, like, having 144fps, drop to 60, back to 144 and such every few seconds, its likely to be caused by either MSI Afterburner, turn Low level access off in that scenario.

If that does not work or if you dont have Afterburner installed at all, its likely to be caused by the powerline. Your power supply unit can handle slight increases pretty well, like, going from 230V to 233V in germany. What It cannot handle are power drops. Like, going from 230V to 220V and back to 230V for a second. To erase that problem, you need to distribute the power you are taking to many outlets to make the problem occure less. I draw a peak of 1364W according to my power meter, those come from 3 Monitors and my system which consists of

• Ryzen 7 1700 @1.4V, 3.9GHz
  • Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH (custom water cooled) @2075MHz, 1,075V
  • ASUS STRIX Gaming F X270 MoBo
  • Ballistix Sport 2166 16GB Ram
  • Micron 1TB SSD for games
  • Intenso 256GB SSD for system
  • Seagate STD1000GB HDD for capturing gameplay with OBS
  • some other components which are irrelevant to this, Keyboard and mouse for example.

1364W arent enough to trigger a 16AMP fuse since it can provide 16A*230V= 3680W without blowing, but it is enough to temporary drop the voltage of the main power line.

tl;dr: Try to distribute your power draw more and shut down MSI Afterburner, check if the problem still occurs and post info

Yes but either way it is a issue that needs to be fixed.

You dont have idea what you are saying

144HZ = You should be capping at 142 fps
240HZ = You should be capping 238 FPS

The myth in COUNTER-STRIKE get 300 FPS was solved in tom-hardware and other famous benchmark sites

“GOING over your monitor REFRESH-RATE” causes input lag…

See “Overwatch pro settings” 98% of them cap their FPS 2 - 3 fps under their monitor refresh rate to reduce input lag.

so… ow is counter strike?

False info going over your monitors refresh rate does not cause input lag.

It reduces it.

The only people who cap their fps to a few under their refresh rate is people who use g-sync.

Extensive input lag test.

I actually don’t recommend setting your fps cap to 300 unless your cards does buff your rig to the point that it doesn’t go below that.

General rule of thumb is.

God tier pc (300 fps stable) = 300 fps + reduce buffering off.
High end pc (Varying fps between 200-300 fps) Reduce buffering on limit to refresh rate.
Low end - mid end = Reduce buffering on limit fps to lowest value you see in team fights.

2 Likes

love all your posts…lol. do you check your discord? have a massive update for you